A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »There was no geometry to export, some help?

Author Topic: There was no geometry to export, some help? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Rhinox117

Want a kebab?

Posted: May 30, 2018 06:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
at first I had this error "There was no geometry to export" im using 3ds max 2008
with bluestreak & blitzrkieg, when I fixed the error (or I suppose that)export the model but the Tool not convert nothing, I want to resume a project and this is stopping me, this is my first time modelling on 3ds max but i used blender at the past a long time.

DeadHamster

Posted: May 30, 2018 08:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Link your geometry to any object, and name that object "frame".

Rhinox117

Want a kebab?

Posted: May 30, 2018 10:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Link your geometry to any object, and name that object "frame".

Yes, i did that, export correctly but later the Tool_Pro or Cmd does not find the models, i use "tool_pro model \rhinox" the tool closes when i put the command.

OrangeJuice

intent is share-alike

Posted: May 30, 2018 11:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
JMS exporter will stubbornly refuse to work once it has displayed an error, close the exporter and try again when it does.

Make sure your uncompiled level is under data\levels rather than tags\levels

And finally, tool automatically looks in data, so if your model were in the levels folder it'd be structure levels\levelname BSPname

(and not data\levels\levelname)

--------

If it's a newly created level, your main geometry needs at the very least:
A Multi/Sub-Object material applied to it with at least one Standard submaterial. You probably did all of this, but a reminder is always good

The main geometry must also be visible(not hidden) when it's time to export.
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Rhinox117

Want a kebab?

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 08:15 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

JMS exporter will stubbornly refuse to work once it has displayed an error, close the exporter and try again when it does.

Make sure your uncompiled level is under data\levels rather than tags\levels

And finally, tool automatically looks in data, so if your model were in the levels folder it'd be structure levels\levelname BSPname

(and not data\levels\levelname)

--------

If it's a newly created level, your main geometry needs at the very least:
A Multi/Sub-Object material applied to it with at least one Standard submaterial. You probably did all of this, but a reminder is always good

The main geometry must also be visible(not hidden) when it's time to export.
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM

I know, i have my folder inside of data.
I'm following this tutorial: https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/0672328046/samplechapter/0672328046_ch03.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj_4uG1tLLbAhXGwBQKHURCAw0QFjANegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0MVjbRsP-U7WtsDvWMB_tY

I have exported, weapons, scenery etc but nothing, I do not know why it does not compile, I do not know what I'm doing wrong i have a file with my .3ds and .jms
https://mega.nz/#!5np0DKra!MM29TuYT__FlB4NSOkMBK_7vV1YyexwQ6M2Yb1DW0ME
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue June 19, 2018 8:20 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website