A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects

Author Topic: Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 12:02 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hey guys, I like lore friendly things (or at least things that look like it fits in the game and not stand out)... Anyway, I was inspired by that CMT Brute Plasma Pistol with its colour and fiery overcharge shot blablabla.

So I got the original Plasma Pistol, changed it to look orange with a purple pearlescent colour (just like the original weapon has the green/blue purple looking colour), decreased the fire rate, made it shoot 3 bolts etc. The only thing I can't figure out to do is imitate the effect for the overcharge.

I've examined the tags for comparison and tried to copy it, I've done many experiments that seemed to of made the gun worse and just straight up broke it.

I know some might say just to rip it and stuff but I'm not a huge fan of OS (yet alone still cannot get any OS tools working) and well that kinda goes against my whole lore friendly and OG tag set (OS is OS and I just call the non-os stuff OG).

Any ideas? I'm so bored and are running out of ideas...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 5, 2018 at 12:03 AM

Pepzee

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 11:08 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I have not messed with weapon tags in a some time, but I think it would be somewhere in the projectile tag.

I remember a long time ago, before OS was released, there was a gun that you could shoot and it would create bipeds. It may be able to create flame effect tags as well. I don't think it is dependent on OS, but I am not 100% sure.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 09:51 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
The fact that people still have opposition to OS makes me realize how far in the past this site is

Pepzee

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 08:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
The fact that people still have opposition to OS makes me realize how far in the past this site is

Halo development was started in 1997, announced at Macworld in 1999, released on Xbox in 2001, and released on PC in 2003.

Everything about this game is far in the past. Not necessarily this site.

Lets pull out our netscape browsers and actually view a website far in the past:

Edited by Pepzee on Jun 7, 2018 at 09:04 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 10:23 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
OS has nothing to do with it, the BPP in the current release just spawns a bunch of weapon tags with the effect tied to it. The updated version for the next release spawns projectiles like the cluster grenade does, which lets the projectiles have their own basic physics and stick to surfaces and continues to spead.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu September 20, 2018 5:52 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website