A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Biped Death Positions/Poses

Author Topic: Biped Death Positions/Poses (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 11:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey guys, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. I think I get what he's talking about...

When you place a dead biped lets say a marine for example. They lay flat on their stomach. In newer Halo games their default death position is the pose after they've been blown up or have fallen to their death.

Can a death pose be chosen in Sapien or Guerrilla?

Pantsu

Waffles

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 09:44 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Newer Halo games have a physics engine take over after a death animation plays which ragdolls the character. In the Halo 1 engine there is no dedicated physics for characters, a death animation plays, a collision animation plays and once the character is at rest it stays in a static pose that is the exact same every single time.

If you wanted to have a biped have a different death pose you would have to animate one.

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 09:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Oh no no we knew that. He wants to know if you can place a biped with a specific death pose rather than it spawning in the default pose.

You know how when you place a biped in Sapien and check the dead flag so it spawns and dies in game? Rather than laying on its chest couldn't you control whether it could be in the death pose on its back like when you kill him from the front?

I'm trying my best to comprehend what he's asking but its hard to type in words.

Example: If you look at all the default death poses of the marine bipeds at the lifepod you crash in on A30 they're all laying face down. I assume somewhere in one of the tags you can delete or change something and make it so for example the marines, when placed dead, lay belly up (the position when they fall back from getting killed from the front).

Sorry its the best I could put it.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 5:33 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website