A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Problem with setting the difficulty

Author Topic: Problem with setting the difficulty (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SkinnyODST

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 01:40 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I installed "planet_flood_a" and as it doens`t show up with the universal ui, I have the type it in the console, it works, however when I attempt the change the difficulty (also with the console), this message appears: requested function "game_difficulty_set" cannot be executed now
This occurs both right after I launch HCE and after launching the map. What`s going on?

Btw this is my first question here after making an account a couple mins ago, I wonder if this site is still somewhat alive, I`m a liiitle late to the party aren`t I?

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 06:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
with game_difficulty_set, are you setting a number?

Because I believe you have to type a worded value like so:

• game_difficulty_set easy

• game_difficulty_set normal

• game_difficulty_set hard

• game_difficulty_set impossible

Also, you may have to set it before launching the map
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 25, 2018 at 04:10 PM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 08:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
that command probably requires devmode, you can get hac2, chimera or opensauce enable devmode without being locked out of multiplayer.

SkinnyODST

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 05:14 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
I`m typing it correctly, doing it before and after launching the map have the same result.

And as for devmode, I`ve done that I think? I went into the properties of the HCE icon on my desktop and added -console after the target. Because of that I`m able to start the map in the first place after I press ` or ~ whatever the key is called.
Edited by SkinnyODST on Jun 25, 2018 at 05:15 AM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 09:55 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
-console isn't actually devmode. Devmode uses the console, but you don't get devmode by just enabling the console. That only works if you have a client mod.

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 02:32 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
You do not need to be in devmode to change difficulty.

requested function "" cannot be executed now

means you're typing something wrong.

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 04:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       

For that: If you simply typed game_dif and pressed tab, the console will fill in parts of the command automatically

If that doesn't work though, perhaps the map isn't compiled with the proper singleplayer resources even though it's marked as one
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 25, 2018 at 04:12 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 9:27 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website