A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Single player map won't load?

Author Topic: Single player map won't load? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

IsoDidact

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 10:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hey all,

I'm jumping back into CE after a >7 year hiatus and am trying to modify a multiplayer map into a single player map. I've ran into a problem however.

I'm modifying the map Extinction, and thus far I really haven't changed much. I modified the map textures and got rid of all the scenery, vehicles, and weapons to give myself a blank slate to work with. When I compile the map or load it in sapien, there are no issues at all. However, when I try to load the map using "map_name <map>" from the main menu, nothing happens. Other campaign levels load just fine.

I have the 'solo' flag checked in the .scenario file, and I have one player starting location, as well as a player starting profile that tells the character to spawn with an assault rifle and a pistol.

Can you guys think of any reason that the map won't even load?

**EDIT**

I actually figured out my problem. The drive where Halo CE is installed requires administrator permission to modify any files. Sapien and Guerilla weren't being run in administrator mode, so any changes I made just didn't get saved. Oddly enough, both Sapien and Guerilla 'remember' all of my changes, so when I open the scenario after closing the programs, the changes persist. The actual files remain unchanged however. I'm not sure if there's a way for me to make the changes 'permanent', as it were, so if anyone could shed light on this it'd be great.

I've tried making the Halo CE folder freely modifiable without any permissions, but guerilla still refuses to actually save anything. Running it in administrator mode makes it 'forget' anything I changed. I haven't changed too much so I'll probably just start the whole thing over.
Edited by IsoDidact on Jun 25, 2018 at 03:52 AM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 09:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
You're having the dumb windows virtual store problem, Idk how to disable the virtual store, but I suggest copying/moving your ce install to somewhere that isn't program files so you can freely modify files.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 14, 2018 3:41 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website