A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Synced AI in multiplayer maps

Author Topic: Synced AI in multiplayer maps (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

paddy369

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 06:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hi, how is the development going with synced AI going so far? A while back i saw some threads to that topic, but it was always mentioned that it's still being developed and/or it's in beta phase. I am a noob in this, but if we could make this happen, it would be a new milestone for the Halo CE community.

~Paddy

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 08:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
The people who were developing it stopped working on it.

paddy369

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 04:50 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Thats sad...is it atleast open source now?
Edited by paddy369 on Jun 28, 2018 at 04:50 AM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 11:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Lots of different ways to go about it; showing the clients where the AI is, is simple; just produce an object that does sync (vehicle, by objects_attach and detach. Projectiles, through effects. etc). This method has always been public since when I had first shown it.
You can always use this script command to force all clients to rely on the host for where projectiles are
(set allow_client_side_weapon_projectiles false)

Using LUA in the server (SAPP or Chimera), you can do similar to the above, and check stuff like animations to show. With LUA on both server and client (Chimera), you can make use of RCON messages to pass information directly. As Chimera is opensource, its possible that you can directly add it as a default feature rather than RCON, as there was progress to adding custom netcode (I don't believe its done, but if any of it is on the repository yet, or, at least when it is, you can re-purpose it for your own use)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 9:27 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website