A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »What is the best way to play Halo CE on the PC?

Author Topic: What is the best way to play Halo CE on the PC? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

THUNDERRUN19

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 03:40 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Hi there, I would like to know the best way to play Halo today.

Any known tweaks, fixes, mods and patches designed to get the most out of Halo CE for modern PCs? I was wondering if there is any current guide about that.

Thank you very much!

Edited by THUNDERRUN19 on Jul 2, 2018 at 04:01 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 09:37 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Chimera is a must have for whatever you want to do. If you plan on doing a lot of multiplayer related things, you'd want HAC2. If you're doing singleplayer, OpenSauce is what you want. Most people say that you cant use both together (though i haven't seen issues myself) so you'll need to pick what you want

OrangeJuice

Yup, It's like working with insufferable neurotics

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 04:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
And to clarify even further; It's because:

With Chimera + HAC2 installed at the same time:

• Best multiplayer experience

• These can be used with another addon called optic: These are the medals (stuff like double kill and triple kill stunt medals in later halo games)

• chimera can autosmooth animations. Halo's original animations run at 25//30, this upgrades them. Which can make multiplayer a little nicer at close-range

• HAC2 can download most maps automatically. No need to shutdown halo, go to halomaps, and install map files.

• HAC2 allows you to join full servers by simply waiting for a player slot to open

With OpenSauce:

• Best for singleplayer

• Allows extra graphical tools and settings

• This is mostly for developers, modders, and specially upgraded maps. I'm also unsure it's being developed anymore

HAC2 and opensauce don't work together on anything but windows 7 and older in most cases. Some people do have them working together, but even with the fix, my game simply loads opensauce and HAC2 disables itself before the game launches, that's totally not a fix.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 2, 2018 at 05:04 PM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 04:24 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

With OpenSauce + Chimera:

they are compatible and complimentary

Nertez

Zetren b&

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 08:37 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
I'll assume it was some bizarre coincidence that your second sentence matched one of the lines in my guide almost word for word.

https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-pcce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-060718/

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 07:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
HAC2 and opensauce don't work together on anything but windows 7 and older in most cases. Some people do have them working together, but even with the fix, my game simply loads opensauce and HAC2 disables itself before the game launches, that's totally not a fix.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 2, 2018 at 05:04 PM

not totally true , here https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7158-opensauce-v4-hac2-compatibility-fixes-for-halo-ce-v10/ i detail how to run HAC2 & OpenSuace on Windows 8-10, & the "Fix" does not disable HAC2(at least for me on windows 7). OS development ended in 2015.

now with that out of the way i thank for helping Noobs, one can't know every thing anyway.

Edited by SomeFan on Jul 6, 2018 at 07:38 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 17, 2018 7:28 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website