A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Textures look great in Gmax, look terrible in Sapien

Author Topic: Textures look great in Gmax, look terrible in Sapien (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

IsoDidact

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 12:37 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey all,

So I'm taking a crack at designing my own map, and I'm having trouble getting the textures to work properly. In Gmax, my map looks like this:

But when I export the jms, set up the bitmaps with tool, compile the scenario, then run lightmaps, I get this:

The textures are there, but are not mapped in the way I want at all. I can't seem to figure out where in my process that I've screwed up. Could it be in the way I set up the bitmaps / shaders?
Edited by IsoDidact on Jul 4, 2018 at 12:41 PM
Edited by IsoDidact on Jul 4, 2018 at 12:43 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 06:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
You need to collapse the modifier stacks. Youre UVW Mapping modifiers have to be combined and consolidated into the mesh. Right click them and click collapse or whatever it is.

Also you should only do one UV modifier at a time, and collapse each one as you go.

IsoDidact

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 05:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Thanks, that fixed my problem! I didn't realize you needed to actually collapse modifiers to apply them to the mesh, so that's good to know.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 18, 2018 6:22 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website