A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Anyway to remove scenery using scripts?

Author Topic: Anyway to remove scenery using scripts? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 08:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I have been making a single player map for a while now and there is a lot of scenery on my scenario (I get the MAXIMUM_OBJECTS_RENDERED error) so I was wondering if there is a script to remove already placed scenery.

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 11:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Possibly:

(object_destroy_all)

Though this will destroy all objects, which may include more than scenery.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 08:06 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Name all the scenery objects you want destroyed like the following;

@1
@2
@3
@4
@5

etc.

Now use the command

(object_destroy_containing "@")

Now all the scenery items you named with a @ are destroyed, the rest are maintained. You can create multiple sets by using other characters like ^ or %

I created a fake elevator this way; player enters room. Doors close. Script screen shaking and elevator sound. Delete scenery with above, place scenery using (object_create_containing @), and when the doors open back up all scenery placements in the level have changed and it gives the illusion the player has changed floors.

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 02:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Yeah the first did destroy all objects but thanks anyway it could be helpful sometime later,
but (object_destroy_containing "@") worked perfectly thanks!

Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 6, 2018 at 03:19 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 11:45 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I created a fake elevator this way; player enters room. Doors close. Script screen shaking and elevator sound. Delete scenery with above, place scenery using (object_create_containing @), and when the doors open back up all scenery placements in the level have changed and it gives the illusion the player has changed floors.

ngl that's pretty damn cool

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 17, 2018 9:00 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website