A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »AI behavior on scenery

Author Topic: AI behavior on scenery (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

IsoDidact

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 10:30 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hey all,

I've run into a bit of a problem with the map I'm working on. I downloaded the icefields base as a scenery tag, and placed in in my map with Sapien. I want there to be an elite and some grunts wandering around inside the base, but I can't seem to get the AI to behave properly. I placed their spawn points in the base, along with firing positions. However, when I walk into the base, they are unable to move around, and just stand there while shooting at me.

I know that this has to do with the fact that the structure I placed them in is a scenery and not part of the BSP. Is there any workaround to this? I tried placing the firing positions both on the ground under the base, and in the air on the walkways in the base. I even tried checking 3d firing positions, but I can't get them to behave properly. The only thing I haven't placed are move positions, but I figured those would only be relevant if I wanted to script them to move.

The simplest fix seems to be to make the base model a part of the bsp, which I'm working on, but I'm getting a lot of texture oddities and edge errors when I do this. Is there any way to get AI to work on scenery?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 01:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
There is no good way as far as I know, and there is no way that I know how to either.

You should rip the icefields base from the actual icefields map to make sure it is structurally solid (less chance for errors). The scenery tag on halomaps is a bit bad in that respect.

Jeanpaul

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 09:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
You should re-create and re-design it again. Sometimes bugs occur once the design is too complicated.

IsoDidact

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 05:33 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm just incorporating the structures into the BSP and slowly whittling away at the edge errors now.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 16, 2018 6:36 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website