A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Weapon Sway

Author Topic: Weapon Sway (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

moosebreathman

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 12:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Is there anywhere I can edit the amount of weapon sway there is when looking around in first person? I want to tone down the amount of sway on the pistol to better fit my animations and I'm not the best with Guerrilla when it comes to finding stuff (if it's even there to begin with!).

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 11:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I'm kind of a newbie to animating, but wouldn't that have to do with the weapon's first-person overlay animations?

moosebreathman

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 10:06 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Ah yes, you are right! Although I seem to have a problem importing the default pistol overlay animations into max. After I've linked gun to wrist, I import the overlay animation in and at the first frame the importer stops and doesn't add any more. This is my first time trying to open an overlay animation so I'm not really sure if I'm doing something wrong.
Edited by moosebreathman on Jul 16, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 08:30 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Overlay animations are known to mess up when imported.
You've gotta make them custom yourself.
It's pretty easy, just move them in the direction named by the animation name block.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 3:10 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website