A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Add g weather and changing time of day

Author Topic: Add g weather and changing time of day (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 02:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I need help with changing the weather and maybe the time of day in a map specifically snow and night

Kal_El

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 04:04 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
depends on the map, but if your talking about Bigass:

http://hce-bigass.wikia.com/wiki/Information_for_server_hosts

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 05:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I forgot to mention the map its timberland, I managed to make it darker than usual but it still has some sun Ray light, I also can't seem to figure out the weather

One more thing, when I had changed the textures in guerilla in sapien when I try to open up the 'mission' directory it crashes

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 03:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
If you mean like make it night it's nothing related to textures (kinda) but lightmaps. You first must change the sky tag to a night sky in guerilla or the sky of your choice then in sapien press the ~ button and type: radiosity_quality 0 (you could change the 0 to 1 for a more accurate lightmap but it will take a lot longer) then press enter
secondly type: radiosity_start (this might take sometime depending if you choose 0 or 1)
after the all numbers on the upper left side are all 0 type: radiosity_save then press enter and save your scenario. To add snow or rain etc. is something completely different.

I probably did a horrible job explaining so just read this tutorial if you need anything else:
http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/index.html?start=references/level_design/mp_level_design/mp_ld_level_radiosity.html

Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 26, 2018 at 03:10 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:51 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website