A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[BETA, RELEASE, AND MORE] RPG_Zulu_Final

Author Topic: [BETA, RELEASE, AND MORE] RPG_Zulu_Final (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 04:47 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. THE FINAL VERSION WILL MOST LIKELY BE RELEASED ON AUGUST 1ST.

Hello Community,
Today I'd like to share with you an RP map that I've been developing since Late 2015. If you haven't read the title, then the name of this map is RPG_Zulu_Final (you might have seen it as rzf_beta_32 floating in the server browser). I'll start with some pictures of the map:

The images might be broken, the imgur album can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/lya4MeZ

Even though you might not like role playing, this map is still a lot of fun to grab a warthog and explore. There are a few final touches that I am going to make to the buildings before I release the final version. My goal is to see what people think about this map, and if there is any feedback that can improve the final version. The tagset is going to be reworked to a bigass tagset. (Thanks altis).

On final release, all of the tags used to make this map (including the bsp files, .scenario, and an empty .scenario) and the 3ds max source files will be released with the map file.
Description: An RP map set on an icy island with very hostile weather patterns.

Author: Nickster5000

Map Details:
The map has the following key locations:
-An extensive underground base
-Village
-FOB
-Relay Station (highest base on the map)
-Crashed Prowler
-Several other outposts / foliage to seek cover in.

Gametypes:
Only supported for slayer. This map is not designed for any sort of player vs player, so keep this in mind if you want to host a server on it. As of right now, it is designed specifically for exploration / RP.

Commands:
object_create_anew_containing "" - spawns all vehicles. Will not work on the server.

Server commands:
/character elite - changes your character to an elite. (WIP)
/character marine - changes your character to a marine. (WIP)
/character spartan - changes your character to a spartan.
Server IP: 173.0.146.108:2520

Credits:

Nickster5000
Altis - Bigass tagset, various sapp stuff, phantom bsp detector
002 - Armor switch script
Other people I will mention in the final release.

DOWNLOAD THE BETA:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lndh4fltyqe3u3/rzf_beta_32.zip?dl=1
DIRECT CONNECT TO THE SERVER: 173.0.146.108:2520

Thanks for reading. I hope you guys like the map.
-Nickster5000

Kal_El

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 11:24 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Beautiful Map! and Nicely done! but...no one plays these Large/Big maps anymore!

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 12:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kal_El
Beautiful Map! and Nicely done! but...no one plays these Large/Big maps anymore!

Because no one makes them anymore. If more people made them, more people would play them.

Kal_El

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 01:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
perhaps....he did say it was for exploration; good map for this! Been my experience that most players get disenchanted by "roaming around" not finding anyone to kill on these larger maps; get discouraged and drop off.
Don't get me wrong I Love this map! lots of detail and nicely polished!

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 11:04 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kal_El
Been my experience that most players get disenchanted by "roaming around" not finding anyone to kill on these larger maps

He also pointed out that its for RP, not for player vs player

Kal_El

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 08:49 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
True dat...!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 3:52 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website