A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Sparky's Version of Guerilla

Author Topic: [Release] Sparky's Version of Guerilla (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 05:02 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       
My modified version of Guerilla, unlocks all fields, fixes bug with .weapon tag's magazine object block being max of 8 instead of 2, and adds a text box to script source files block in .scenario tag. No other changes.

You can compare the .exe file binary data in a file comparison tool to see what changes I made.

Note that I did not yet fix the issues with Guerilla crashing when you try to make an abstract tag type like .device, or when you type more than 8191 characters in a multi-line text field.

Enjoy. Let me know if there are any bug fixes or improvements I did not mention which you want me to apply.

Guerilla.exe runs on Mac using Wine Staging. You simply install Wine Staging and then you can open Guerilla.exe like on Windows and it works just fine.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/423343127277993986/474859968873496576/guerilla.exe.zip

UPDATE:

Added more text blocks to interesting fields, enabled more interface elements, and changed the .spheroid tag to use a float value instead of 4 bytes of skipped/ignored padding. Other changes too, but I was unable to get certain tags like widget tags and tag_collection tags to enable their fields, and I didn't fix any interface problems like max text block size of 8191 characters and crashing when trying to make an inherited tag class like object, device, item, unit, and shader.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/423343127277993986/475037143153115156/guerilla.exe.zip
Edited by sparky on Aug 3, 2018 at 04:41 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 07:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Thanks for the description :)

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 03:03 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
how is this any different from kornman's?

DeadHamster

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 12:28 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Only allows you to add 2 magazines, since adding more would crash the game.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 03:46 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
You know what NEW features would be awesome for Guerrilla? Descriptions for things, you know when you hover over a box or description or word and it briefly describes what the things does?

There are so many things in that program that don't have that and make you wonder, what the heck does this do? Sucks when you have to Google it or run some... Horrible... Game breaking experiments...

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 06:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
You know what NEW features would be awesome for Guerrilla? Descriptions for things, you know when you hover over a box or description or word and it briefly describes what the things does?

There are so many things in that program that don't have that and make you wonder, what the heck does this do? Sucks when you have to Google it or run some... Horrible... Game breaking experiments...

Mozzarilla does that

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 09:56 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Such a feature would be inappropriately complicated for the time it takes to change static pointers and overwrite apparently unused bytes in the .exe. And there would be no guarantee some random other thing wouldn't break in the attempt. In fact, I was just thinking about this on my own in my discord server. Since I don't use this wonderful forum anymore, I invite to you my less-wonderful discord server: https://discord.gg/mcEzrrv hope to see you there.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 11:02 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Since I don't use this wonderful forum anymore

Yeah, you're totally not using this wonderful forum. I'm definitely not looking at you using this wonderful forum right now.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 24, 2019 6:01 AM 407 ms.
A Halo Maps Website