A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »In-depth Scripting tuts?

Author Topic: In-depth Scripting tuts? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 03:33 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hey guys, any good tutorials out there that explain how to script a campaign mission from start to finish?

I've only been alright at editing existing scripts and then following M.D's tutorial for fading into a mission and spawning an encounter.

I want to know how to script (or create if this has nothing to do with scripts) objective markers and or waypoints.

As per usual Google sucks and I seem to experience this phantom search result gold mine of results others find that I can never find somehow...

Side note- How about ending a mission? Like fade to white or black and kick you back to the menu? OR load another random mission via map or scenario names? IF that is even possible...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Aug 9, 2018 at 03:41 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 06:29 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Google the following;

site:forum.halomaps.org Scripts Cutscenes

site:forum.halomaps.org Scripts Waypoints

site:forum.halomaps.org Scripts Encounters

And if you have specific questions you want answered, such as "How can I spawn an encounter that retreats into another encounter once they've nearly been defeated", or "How can I create secondary objectives that are optional but unlock other special encounters later", then post back here and I'll detail it for you. But I'm not going to go over the entire thing when there's plenty of resources on this very site.

Some very important things you should learn right now are globals.

(Global short Money 0)

creates a numeric variable called money that starts at 0 and can be modified like such

(global short money 0)
(global short livecount 0)

(script continuous moneymaker

(if (> livecount (ai_living_count ENCOUNTER))
(begin
(set money (+ money (- livecount (ai_living_count ENCOUNTER))))
(set livecount (ai_living_count ENCOUNTER))
)
)

(sleep 30)
)

That script will check on the number of A.I. in an encounter named ENCOUNTER, and whenever units are killed it will add 1 for each unit killed to the global variable money. You can then use that variable later to determine if a player has enough "money" to unlock a door and proceed to the next section of the level, or to purchase a special weapon or whatever you want to use it for.

Edited by DeadHamster on Aug 9, 2018 at 06:31 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 3:12 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website