A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »how do i get maps i deprotected to be smaller so i can recompile them?

Author Topic: how do i get maps i deprotected to be smaller so i can recompile them? (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

thellt

chiperdilly the great 1999-2017

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 08:21 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
hey all. ive had this issue for a long time my map sises are far too large.

this is my main issue.

i want to build cache files without having overages that cause halo to crash. it is nowhere acceptable that i build a map to release and have it crash every game just cause the map sise is too large. why do we have filesize limits on multiplayer maps? what the heck is with that?

but i think part of the problem is that when i go to rip tags from a map i previously protected it seems to invalidate the original source locations for stock bitmaps and sounds. and thats why it recreates the original as new unprotected tags. is this likely to be undone? easily?

i noticed when i go about using deathstar or something else to rerip tags i made or put in from other maps it seems to try to want to not use the stock dependancies which means i have to find the bitmaps and sounds etc and rebuild the tags manually. is there anyone who has created a ripping utility that can check the pixel or audio data to check for physical difference between user made tags and stock hce default tagset?

best way to reduce cache size? thanks guys. i hope you are all off to a good start this morning.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 18, 2018 11:17 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website