A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »project proposal... boarding extraction!

Author Topic: project proposal... boarding extraction! (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

thellt

chiperdilly the great 1999-2017

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 07:06 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
i have a project proposal to the community here on halomaps and chiperdilly.com. and i thinnk it would be cool to see it bear fruit.

my idea is a survival map or campaign where reach as a now glassed planet has hidden survivors both on surface and underground and they decide to do the impossible. gather supplies and weapons and hardware from an underground facility, like oni base, with prototype suits and reactor backpacks, and a select few spartan 2s, and marines, and board a covenant ship to try to firstly survive, and secondly, if survival and capture of a vessel is possible, make it so that earth has plenty of time to prepare for a possible glassing. and perhaps to set up the orbital mac arrays from h2...... this would be fantastic.

i want to impart some concept ideas.
for pre boarding->arrival map:

first mission locate more unsc survivors while staying hidden from patrols (trigger volumes can make hotspots for covenant activity) played by a non spartan unsc marine who happens to have held off on his own and protected a bunch of civilians.
antiqued rusted standard dmr and scratched and scored reach pistol for starter weapons

2 teams of mostly civilians military police and a couple marines, meet together at a weapons cache to gather resources, and go down an elevator simelar to halo2 on the orbital mac cannon but leading underground on reach to gather armor weapons etc,

while a 3rd with two spartans 2 dropships unsc marines and a couple civilians one being a young woman in her 20s work their way to the covenant cruiser and scout their best plan of action to flank. one drop ship is rigged with ai and a bomb and used as bait for the covenant. playing voice of a high up unsc field marshal that went mia but is not known to be dead by the covenant,.

first and second team gather
power generators for civialians energy usage for machinery,
designed after reverse engineered frg weapons and de-armed frg rounds.
spark effects flickering and elevator destruction during accendance, after accendance caves in.

theme
post destruction
late development post hr -> pre POA h1 weapon design
damaged scenery and buildings, and antiqued weapons cache underground
grungy metal and rust for the fallout shelters from BEFORE the era of halseys underground base being put in.

a modified prototype suit from halo legends

a covenant cruiser that is down for maintenance after noble 6 shot it with a mac gun.

survival based on very limited unsc support 2 spartans (max), 3 unsc drop ships and then mostly civilians, gathered together....

storming an underground weapons cache before the covenant discover.

finding with some late revolutionary armor technology left behind by oni that is prototype for halo 4s spartans before forerunner engineering was a part of it at all (note: i believe the new spartans from 4 onward are not as physically augmented but mostly regular humans in powered armor, so this idea is based off of that.)

as well as mac cannon design from previous worlds lost.

a bomb to breach the door to get to that weapons cache
--------------------------------
for boarding and capture of vessel:
late prototype weapons and the 2 spartans have battle worn mark v armor (i like this retexture i did and want to implement it somehow. https://p3d.in/qnS08) and all marines and civilians capable have heavy impact rounds on semi heavy machine guns specifically for taking out covenant sheilds,
shotgun that has a scope and secondary precicion barrel adapter function for more accurate fire.

i would like to contribute to the overall development, and i would like to approve the overall project before release, since its my concept but im opening the mechanics of the gameplay as well as the overall project to be managed by someone here who is good at halo campaigns or project managment. cause obviously i lack in a lot of areas. scripting being a big one, as well as sounds and voice overs.

some music choice i like would be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keEX73EuEwU for the decent and recovery of weapons cache.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYfJckSEN0 and https://youtu.be/5Kv-V1AZ_DQ
for the storm of the capital ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6J7aez8-qU for the travel to earth. during a non battle cutscene with a couple from reach being reunited against all odds. once the two teams meet onboard the ship

i love synthwave and would take suggestions for synthwave music for the main marine characters choice in design as he fights thru the stuff
Edited by thellt on Sep 21, 2018 at 07:14 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 08:13 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Make a playable demo
Then people will join you

DeadHamster

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 08:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Make a playable demo
Then people will join you

No they won't. Then you end up with an oversized mod whose weight is slowly crushing you.

thellt

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 08:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
thus the request for help. ;)

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 06:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Make a design document instead of whatever disorganized thing this is

thellt

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 04:55 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

can you please explain what you mean by "design document", because ive not seen any thing like that on halomaps.org. ive only seen release documents.

Nickster5000

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 07:09 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

this, coming from megasean?

Looks like someone's all grown up. *sheds a tear*

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 01:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
go for it

he did? well...

time has not been kind

thellt

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 10:58 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
bump. still looking for help

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:53 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website