A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 3 H1CM! DRose Arts Assets Progress Log and Releases

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 3 H1CM! DRose Arts Assets Progress Log and Releases (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

the concerned thros

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 05:43 AM    Msg. 1 of 38       

Halo 3 - Halo 1 Campaign Mod (H3H1CM)

It's time for the thros to make a 1000th return to modding cause I feel sorry this place getting run by dorks and brown trash along with euro trash social rejects and smark brats. Since everyone already did some Halo 3 mods and It's getting annoying and repetitive no one actually made a good one and actually did Halo 3 assets correctly and no one replicated Halo 3's gameplay. That is why I, the god, shall do a true Halo 3 Halo 1 Campaign mod and all of you dorks and brown trash should shut up and deal with it.

I'm not making it close to canon, this is just to showoff the Halo 3 and other non Halo 3 stuff and It's not suppose to make sense, It's just showoff and that's the same reason why I added heretics and other stuff on my Alsthetic C40 is just to show off my assets I haven't put use.

Here are the gameplay details of the mod :
-Almost all of the unit's vitality settings are copied straight from Halo 3 which includes all bipeds and vehicles and did a few edits.
-Almost all of the damage effects are copied straight from Halo 3 which includes all weapon projectiles and explosions, unit melee damage, weapon trigger and melee response.
-Brute's has the same berserk behavior like in Halo 2 but the brute's health is the same as Halo 3 so they won't be as hard and annoying to deal with on the original Halo 2 brutes.
-The Hunters are a mixture of Halo 1 and 3, you can take them down with one shot on their exposed parts but their assault cannon's beams are a pain in the ass.
-Some bipeds can be boarded which are the Hunters and Flood Tanks.
-Flashlight is replaced with VISR.
-Ultra and SpecOp Grunts can melee and uses firebomb grenades.
-Changed the firebomb grenades behavior, the projectile is more like a frag grenade and doesn't detonates on contact and reflects but detonates in 0.5 seconds and can still be sticked on units.
-The difficulty settings is copied from Halo 3's globals.
-The player setting is copied from Halo 3's settings like jump height, health and shield and it's regen.
-Health packs are removed replaced with passive health restore.
-The weapons and units are not entirely from Halo 3, most of them are my settings, for example is the rocket launcher has homing rockets and nerfed mauler damage.
-All four grenade types enabled (Frag, Plasma, Spike and Fire) but you can only stock 3 for each grenade.
-Ultra Grunts has energy shields.
-Flood Combat Forms are more vulnerable to melee attacks and their bodies are destroyable.
-Few units can get infected by the flood like the elites and brutes.
-Halo 2's juggernaut is added even tho It's not part of Halo 3 but doesn't matter it looks good.
-Vehicle Boarding and Boost is still N/A unless someone saves me time and help me apply it?

Halo 3 A10
- In a10, I removed all the tutorial parts and added new encounters and introduces the other enemies and weapons more early rather waiting for the next level to encounter them. I used SPv2's extended version of a10 because why not.

Here's some screenshots and gameplay footage.

Gameplay Footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62YQQsf3hpk&t=78s

Halo 3 A10
- in a30, I added new encounters on unoccupied areas and added other stuff, nothing I can say about it yet.

Here's some screenshots and gameplay footage.

Gameplay Footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0V1JuIHdg&t=1s

Halo 3 A50 to D40
- Nah still no progress, haven't started.

DRose Arts

Old Assets and Releases!

I'm gonna show off all the progress on the tags that I'll make here too and hope to release too and I'm also gonna post my later releases here too so this could also be a place you do download my older stuff.

Alsthetic Two Betrayals!

Launce Trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLmZ0HdlMvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4kZS_5dRQ
Gameplay Footage and Review from the community
Sigma's Gameplay footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK7ZNBIKV5M&t=45s
Final444h's Gameplay footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT5znU987_w&t=12s
Robochief's Mod review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3JuWeQDw7Q&t=169s

Download Link - https://haloce3.com/ccount/click.php?id=sp_alsthetic_tb

You can more info about it here
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50470

Containment Segment!

Gameplay Footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWg2CiyqLM&t=16s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMbYL_ZJFp8

Download Link - https://haloce3.com/ccount/click.php?id=mp_containment_segment

You can more info about it here
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49345

Well anyways I'm too lazy to finish the thread I'll edit it later or something, feel free to contact me if you are willing to help or gonna give me $10 for tags. Steam is garbage so I only use twitter.
https://twitter.com/Altehros

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 06:16 AM    Msg. 2 of 38       
How are you doing Sword Lunge? It looks quite smooth, and it doesn't seem to be that crappy damage_effect method everyone used until now

the concerned thros

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 06:58 AM    Msg. 3 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
How are you doing Sword Lunge? It looks quite smooth, and it doesn't seem to be that crappy damage_effect method everyone used until now

It is the crappy damage effect method, It only works smoothly when you're that close when your reticle changes to red.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 11:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Not singling you out here, I am bringing this up now because this is starting to pop up all over the show...

What's with all these 'Halo 3' - CMT SPV3 infusions? I wish someone would have just got Zteam's assets (heck even the Extermination assets are just as close to the original) and finished them and fixed the bugs in them.

And, this is a more general question, not just for you but the others who does this... What in the Hell is with everyone's obsession with these shiny, slimy, wet looking textures on almost EVERYTHING?! Is this some kind of graphic trend?

All that shiny-wet-sliminess is actually a turn off for me IMO...

Nice work by the way. Loving the Halo 3 Marine bipeds. I'm just curious to know if those Halo 3 weapons are just slimified-Zteam weapons or if you remade them AND FIXED the bugs that are in the original set.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Sep 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 01:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 38       
Pretty sure he said earlier he modified and fixed zteam's asset's but I could be wrong. I also don't know whats up with those shiny textures but I think they are specular maps which are part of opensauce, again im not 100% sure.

the concerned thros

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 08:51 PM    Msg. 6 of 38       
The weapons are my ports but the animations are from Zteam and about to the shiny and glossy shaders they are temporary till I get better normal maps on the materials.

Stainless

Make the cop chase you. He will follow.

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 10:14 PM    Msg. 7 of 38       

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 05:48 AM    Msg. 8 of 38       
Tags look very nice! But why are the trees so shiny in the "Halo" mission? Same for the rocks, they're hurting my eyes!

the concerned thros

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 12:02 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       
I'm reworking on A10's shaders, still not finished as you can see with the small messed up UVs in the walls and bloom is on that's why it's very bright but It's not when it's off.

Here's a screenshot without bloom on and other stuff, I'm using CMT stuff on scenery and doors because why not.

Elite Ultra's can draw energy swords when pissed off.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 08:52 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
That looks beautiful. Question, are the CMT vehicles place holder? With the bipeds and weapons... If there were Halo 3 vehicles, I think this will almost truly be an almost complete Halo 3 redesign of Halo!

IMO- I was never a fan of CMT's warthogs. Why? They looked like the 343i art style, YUCK!

the concerned thros

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 09:21 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
The CMT vehicles are placeholders I've started working on the Halo 3 vehicles last week ago I haven't taken pictures yet but the CMT vehicles are replaced tho I'm still keeping their doors and other scenery since I can't find anything from H2 or H3 to replace the stock ones and here is footage of the new interior shaders of POA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsA1_8IDOc

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 04:48 AM    Msg. 12 of 38       
Damn this looks nice

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 07:42 AM    Msg. 13 of 38       
My Halo wet dream is coming to life... I always dreamed of playing CE with Halo 3's art...

Although the only warthog variants in CE were all chain gun warthogs (not counting the rocket hog since it never appeared until CE PC multiplayer), unless you're throwing in a little extra (which I assume you're going all out since you're already adding more content such as the brutes) will the gauss and or troop hogs be making an appearance too?

...Just wow...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 1, 2018 at 07:48 AM

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 10:19 AM    Msg. 14 of 38       
The gauss warthog will appear but I'm still deciding where to put the troop hog but I'll just slap in anywhere between TSC or AOTC.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 11:50 AM    Msg. 15 of 38       
This looks amazing so far Altheros. Nice work. Just one question: what are you going to do about the health system? Will there be scripts like in H3 foundry that'll gradually replenish health or do you plan on incorporating health packs in some way?

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 01:00 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
If you read my gameplay notes the health packs had been removed and replaced with auto health regen. Health pack system sucks sucks It's like you always feel like needing health packs and It's kinda preventing you to keep going further to each encounter to another knowing you only have a single bar left in your health, with health regen you can screw all of those and keep going knowing your health will get always restored and not worry about anything.

And an additional screenshot.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 02:44 PM    Msg. 17 of 38       
Oh yeah you do have it in your notes, just saw it lol. Good stuff

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 01:20 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros
The gauss warthog will appear but I'm still deciding where to put the troop hog but I'll just slap in anywhere between TSC or AOTC.

SOLUTIONS:

TSC- We get the chain gun warthog from E419. B022 could crash with a gauss warthog since they brought the 'heavy weapons/fire power'. The random flipped warthog where the group of dead marines are could be a troop hog. You know how else this works? There are 4 dead marines there, so unless one was sitting on the passengers lap, the chain gun warthog still to this day made no sense being there for me. So a troop hog now being there would make much more sense.

AOTCR- Maybe tip one over near the dead marines inside that massive out door cave section where the random dead hunters and marines are (the group near the broken bridge with the shade to the right of the massive room where you enter through the massive garage door thing) OR tip one over near the group of dead marines before the wraith in the final outdoor scorpion section (the one with that giant tower that has an invisible sword elite hiding inside).

New Side Question- Is the lifepod pilot female being remade too? If so, what would she look like? The Halo 3 pilot biped model? Assuming the Halo 3 marines within this mod all use the original CE voice tags, I assume no female marines will be appearing in this mod alongside the male marines and brutes?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 2, 2018 at 01:27 PM

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 10:57 AM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Sorry for the late reply life is busy and It's not fun anymore. I love your suggestions and I'll consider it and about the pilot I did port the Halo 3 pilot model and replace the female pilot but the dialog will be the same, the pilot has an helmet so It could be either male or female and I don't plan on adding female marines because the dialogs takes so much tagspace and It's not necessary to add them anyway.

Here's an old glimpse of the pilot, It's T-posed cause it the original H1 pilot doesn't have anyway idle animations or anything only cinematic animations.

And for updates, new sky for a10. I'm using Reach's bitmaps cause I really can't find any space stuff from Halo 3.

I'm also uploading a new playthrough of the updated version of a10 so stay tuned and someone bump this thread for me so I could post the link.

EDIT :
Here's the footage of the updated version of the mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmLBU2OGhkk&t=134s
Edited by the concerned thros on Oct 4, 2018 at 06:01 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 09:32 AM    Msg. 20 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
That looks beautiful. Question, are the CMT vehicles place holder? With the bipeds and weapons... If there were Halo 3 vehicles, I think this will almost truly be an almost complete Halo 3 redesign of Halo!

IMO- I was never a fan of CMT's warthogs. Why? They looked like the 343i art style, YUCK!

Say what? Our hogs are identical to the Bungie ones with the added cage (which is what the hogs realistically should have had from the get go.)

I plan on downloading this later. Although I do have to say the shaders do not look up to your normal high standards and it looks like Halo 3, which is gross to begin with. What ever happened to your reach content and some of your hybrids?

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 10:12 AM    Msg. 21 of 38       
No one did a good Halo 3 mod like really no one did anything right including those overrated Halo 3 mods like Foundry and Sierra 117 which is just all cinematic and It wasn't really that good. This is just a small project to show off that I am a god of halo 3 then after this gig I'll continue doing godly work and shut up you are a redneck.

Elote

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 04:56 PM    Msg. 22 of 38       
nice job altheroes keep it up dont listen to cmt

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 11:12 AM    Msg. 23 of 38       
H3H1CM is cancelled and I'm reverting back to the Alsthetic style and I'm gonna revisit and enhance the old NP projects and gonna do a more visual and gameplay enhanced purgepoint.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 06:01 PM    Msg. 24 of 38       
Well that was unexpected and abrupt. Did the Halo CIA or something come to your house and threaten to destroy your computer if you continue with this project? Damn that sucks.

And yes, you're right. There are only overrated and VERY buggy Halo 3 looking mods. Plus nobody really ever did nor released any COMPLETE and FULLY functional Halo 3 assets. They came close but just gave up last minute by the looks.

Complications?

Sorry Master, the Halo Wars, Reach, CE, 2 and 3/ODST Warthogs looked the same. Halo 4 and 5 and H2A all had that yucky square box looking thing with monkey bars around it and unused gas cans attached to the rear. I like your Hog don't get me wrong, but the bars just reminded me of a certain abomination I don't like to think about...

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 07:53 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       
Check out rcg's stream of H3H1CM A10 and A30!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFIB6qKinhc

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 08:00 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
so the project is still dead?

Masters1337

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 11:54 AM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Well that was unexpected and abrupt. Did the Halo CIA or something come to your house and threaten to destroy your computer if you continue with this project? Damn that sucks.

And yes, you're right. There are only overrated and VERY buggy Halo 3 looking mods. Plus nobody really ever did nor released any COMPLETE and FULLY functional Halo 3 assets. They came close but just gave up last minute by the looks.

Complications?

Sorry Master, the Halo Wars, Reach, CE, 2 and 3/ODST Warthogs looked the same. Halo 4 and 5 and H2A all had that yucky square box looking thing with monkey bars around it and unused gas cans attached to the rear. I like your Hog don't get me wrong, but the bars just reminded me of a certain abomination I don't like to think about...

I expected more from you than some whiney " I don't like it its bad because it's 343". Cages are used all the time on vehicles that go off road, to absorb impacts and protect the vehicle. Hating on it because 343 did it is assinane. The old hog design was fine for it's time but the 343 one is an improvement in every way. Just because you are looking for things to nitpick doesn't make your stance right or means you should be respected for having it. There are far more flaws in the Bungie design that the 343 one corrects than needing to make up things like "It has bars! it has gas tanks!".

vs this

Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 01:01 AM    Msg. 28 of 38       
As I said before, don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I just don't prefer it. You can only change something so much before it goes too far or way too exaggerated. Your rendition of the warthog is better than the artist who designed the Halo 4 model IMO.

Halo is Halo. I don't need to be reminded that warthogs need to be fuelled with petrol, heck, really, I'm shocked that apart from having infinite petrol and that it can be driven forever, nobody decided to add an ammo capacity to it as the weaponry can be fired indefinitely. Those unwarranted changes for 'realism' as some say, were unnecessary and are killing the vibe. I'm shocked ammo pouches weren't added to Chief's armour to justify how we're pulling 8 rockets, 24 sniper rounds, 600 AR rounds, 120 pistol rounds or 60 shotgun shells out from our asses!

But no, there's no hate for you or 343i, just preference. One thing though, on the topic of ACTUALLY disliking something... THAT HALO 4 PELICAN MODEL! NO. NO. NO. NO! What is that a hind front end and really skinny body? Now compared to the regular Reach-3 era pelicans, I'm sorry, now THOSE 343i designs are actually ugly. HOWEVER... I would have kept the old pelican as a pelican and I would of made the new 4/5 pelicans some kind of fast, more outer space used recon or light armoured aerial assault vehicle instead. OR like how they did it for Halo Wars 2, renamed it as a condor and kept the original pelican. Now that would of been cool...

We could discuss this but I don't want to hijack someone else's thread with a 343i assets debate. OK BACK on topic...

Well, now that this project has sadly ended or died or whatever modders declare cancelled projects as these days, anyone thinking about completing what ZTeam failed to do? Halo 3 tags that are actually complete and work like Halo 3? Just an idea...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 8, 2018 at 01:05 AM

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 09:00 AM    Msg. 29 of 38       
Do not worry friend I am god. I'm gonna release a10 and a30 which was the only ones done anyway lmao and feel free to test out my tags tho It's protected because why not just kidding they ain't but first anyone wanna help me promote the release of the betas lmao cos I am a whore of attention and I want to get appreciated more cos I am a sad boy.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 06:49 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
I'm sure some CE youtubers like the SBB people could do it. I dunno if the others promote anyone else's projects on their channels or just their own.

OR Matt's or SBB's what was it monthly weekly yearly halo maps video updates videos? I'm sure they can feature your BETA in one of those and everyone would see it.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 07:54 AM    Msg. 31 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
[343i warthog vs Bungo supreme wart wart warthog]
Yeah but like, aesthetics over realism. What I liked about Bungie (and their games in general) was they threw out realism in times when it would compromise aesthetics, art and fun gameplay.

But I digress since this is the same argument I've had for a decade and one you've had for longer on a forum that, for some reason, we keep coming back to lol.

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 09:32 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Why have realism on an sci-fi game that has aliens on it man 343 sucks and everything is so corny 343 sucks azz. Bungie is a bunch of fun and funny guys that are actually making fun things cos they nice guy haha oh god i love bungie but 343 is a collection nerds and dorks trying to act cool and professional with all this corny and dramatic shihtzu damn that so nerd ew its like that retarded guy from my ethics class trying to act all proffessional and dramatic wew i like kick his ear for being so dumb haha ye 343 sucks and warthog the warthog sucks no one wants to ride warthogs haha.

i am not halo 3 right now i will make halo 2 university.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 05:47 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       

I expected more from you than some whiney " I don't like it its bad because it's 343". Cages are used all the time on vehicles that go off road, to absorb impacts and protect the vehicle. Hating on it because 343 did it is assinane. The old hog design was fine for it's time but the 343 one is an improvement in every way. Just because you are looking for things to nitpick doesn't make your stance right or means you should be respected for having it. There are far more flaws in the Bungie design that the 343 one corrects than needing to make up things like "It has bars! it has gas tanks!".

I love how you praise aesthetic deviancy from the traditions set by the original trilogy of games and beyond, criticise titles from that trilogy (namely, Halo: 3), and then wonder why people are so critical and skeptical of your blatant 343i shilling.

If you do not acknowledge that 343i's radical changes since the relinquishment of the franchise by Bungie has done nothing but damage and divide fans of the series and the franchise as a whole, then you are being willfully ignorant.

Halo has traditionally always been a "grounded" military sci-fi experience, which gradually built itself up throughout the span of the original trilogy and created for itself a unique and consistent style for it's universe. The Reclaimer "trilogy" has done nothing but dismantle and tarnish the unique style of Halo's traditional designs and aesthetics, and has instead abandoned them in favor of a more generic, high sci-fi look, with overbearing amounts of plastic-looking materials, liberal amounts of sharp edges and unnecessarily complex structures all across the board. There's also the narrative of the new games, and the massive changes and retconning they've done to the universe itself. The series, as it currently stands, has lost its identity, something that Halo: Infinite is supposedly going to fix. Still, that remains to be seen.

P.S.: Don't preach to anyone about """realism""" so long as you've got silly things going on like M41 LAAG turrets hanging off the pelican's wings. There's a gargantuan list of silly things all throughout the SPV3 campaign that make next to no sense, in both practical terms, as well as in-universe violations of canon.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Oct 18, 2018 at 06:42 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 08:21 PM    Msg. 34 of 38       
Mini 343i rant:

This is the one issue I had with this new trilogy of Halo. Its like a corny sci-fi flick now. Everything about it feels corny. The looks, the SFX, characters, music, honestly can I even say story? Let's be honest, it sucks. These newer Halo titles are becoming LESS to do with the actual Halo rings. They said we're not calling Halo 6 Halo 6 we're calling it something different: Halo Infinite. Uh MAYBE they should have changed the 'HALO' name since 4 and 5 kinda had nothing to do with any Halo rings until the end credits cutscene in Halo 5 and resurgence of familiar territory and another ring in Halo Wars 2. It should have been called: The Promethean Chronicles or something. I liked it better when the Forerunners were an ancient entity, only known by the rumours and objects they've left behind... The mystery was so great and anyone could have come up with some kind of lore and imagination with an open mind, now we have... This stuff...

Just food for thought. Anyway you can see how 343i had crumpled to the backlash and are in damage control, Halo Wars 2 and the new reveals of Halo Infinite goes to show they're desperation to try and re-attract the fans they've lost. All the Halo games on the Xbox have very little population now days and they even removed population counters just to try and hide that from the general public who don't use the internet and see the problems.

Now they're so desperate trying to tap into the Custom Edition community and waving a mod support bone around. They're even mentioning the 'big' names here trying to get their attention and possibly integrate them into their team, I mean their CE team... That's quite some desperate move. They're relying on modders because they can't get the job done as paid industry professionals. Those refined tags are a big example, why couldn't they do it themselves in the MCC? I wonder how much 343i-ass you have to kiss before they let you in? And I wonder how many modders here are going to be sell outs, yet alone how many already have become sell outs. Either way though, hopefully more sell out to 343i and take over that poop show. Finish what those nubs couldn't finish, actually remastering and fixing the Halo games that matter!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Yesterday @ 01:43 AM    Msg. 35 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

I love how you praise aesthetic deviancy from the traditions set by the original trilogy of games and beyond, criticise titles from that trilogy (namely, Halo: 3), and then wonder why people are so critical and skeptical of your blatant 343i shilling.

If you do not acknowledge that 343i's radical changes since the relinquishment of the franchise by Bungie has done nothing but damage and divide fans of the series and the franchise as a whole, then you are being willfully ignorant.

Halo has traditionally always been a "grounded" military sci-fi experience, which gradually built itself up throughout the span of the original trilogy and created for itself a unique and consistent style for it's universe. The Reclaimer "trilogy" has done nothing but dismantle and tarnish the unique style of Halo's traditional designs and aesthetics, and has instead abandoned them in favor of a more generic, high sci-fi look, with overbearing amounts of plastic-looking materials, liberal amounts of sharp edges and unnecessarily complex structures all across the board. There's also the narrative of the new games, and the massive changes and retconning they've done to the universe itself. The series, as it currently stands, has lost its identity, something that Halo: Infinite is supposedly going to fix. Still, that remains to be seen.

P.S.: Don't preach to anyone about """realism""" so long as you've got silly things going on like M41 LAAG turrets hanging off the pelican's wings. There's a gargantuan list of silly things all throughout the SPV3 campaign that make next to no sense, in both practical terms, as well as in-universe violations of canon.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Oct 18, 2018 at 06:42 PM

I've always been critical of the original games, you can look up my post history going back to 2004 when Halo 2 came out. I got into modding because I was disappointed by the Bungie games, the only reason I am more vocal now in my disapproval of them now is because of the massive circle jerking around them. I would also add that my views of the OT are pretty similar to that of actual people how worked on the games, who have many of the same concerns and complaints about them.

343 may have divided fans, but I chalk that up more to the disastrous launch of MCC (much of it was outside their control as they've explained) and the lack luster launch of H5, which was by far the most problematic launch since H2. Their games on their own are good, and more solid than most of the bungie games, but people are blinded of the good feelings of 10-14 years ago, rather than the actual quality of the games. There is a reason H5 remains more popular than MCC, despite the huge push with the update and additions to gamepass. People will always opt out of the games, as they get older and new things are made available, its inevitable with a franchise of this age.

Halo has never been "grounded" it's always been somewhat campy and goofy, which was something I never really liked about H2 and H3 and liked about H1, ODST, Reach and H4. The 343 games reflect what people wanted in games graphically, starting with the mockery of H3 and the praise of Reach. You can easily complain about H5's narrative (it sucks) but H4 was top notch and a response to the anemic stories of H3, ODST, and Reach which came as a response to the backlash of H2, and felt incredibly dated as stories in games became more complex.

The franchise is still massive, and still important to the xbox. There is a reason it is one of the oldest popular titles on the top charts, and the reason it is consistently the top played XBox exclusive game. Has it lost people, sure. But it's also still going very strong. Infinite is obviously trying to get people to give Halo another chance who have become disinterested, as it should as you always want to try and retain your audience and H5 has seemingly brought in more people than it retained from past enthusiasts.

If it were up to me, we'd ditch all our art and go with the 343 style aesthetic, which is what we were doing with the Banished project. Sure we have goofy stuff, but we are a small team of 10 people and what is fun and interesting i s more important than realism, although I wish we could have an attention to detail in all our art assets that 343 has. I'd also add that we don't have to be realistic as we are fine being unrealistic, where as 343 games are designed to look realistic. Honestly to compare us and our art to that of some of the most expensive games on the market is ridiculous, if we had the budget we'd of course look very different.

Mini 343i rant:

This is the one issue I had with this new trilogy of Halo. Its like a corny sci-fi flick now. Everything about it feels corny. The looks, the SFX, characters, music, honestly can I even say story? Let's be honest, it sucks. These newer Halo titles are becoming LESS to do with the actual Halo rings. They said we're not calling Halo 6 Halo 6 we're calling it something different: Halo Infinite. Uh MAYBE they should have changed the 'HALO' name since 4 and 5 kinda had nothing to do with any Halo rings until the end credits cutscene in Halo 5 and resurgence of familiar territory and another ring in Halo Wars 2. It should have been called: The Promethean Chronicles or something. I liked it better when the Forerunners were an ancient entity, only known by the rumours and objects they've left behind... The mystery was so great and anyone could have come up with some kind of lore and imagination with an open mind, now we have... This stuff...

Just food for thought. Anyway you can see how 343i had crumpled to the backlash and are in damage control, Halo Wars 2 and the new reveals of Halo Infinite goes to show they're desperation to try and re-attract the fans they've lost. All the Halo games on the Xbox have very little population now days and they even removed population counters just to try and hide that from the general public who don't use the internet and see the problems.

Now they're so desperate trying to tap into the Custom Edition community and waving a mod support bone around. They're even mentioning the 'big' names here trying to get their attention and possibly integrate them into their team, I mean their CE team... That's quite some desperate move. They're relying on modders because they can't get the job done as paid industry professionals. Those refined tags are a big example, why couldn't they do it themselves in the MCC? I wonder how much 343i-ass you have to kiss before they let you in? And I wonder how many modders here are going to be sell outs, yet alone how many already have become sell outs. Either way though, hopefully more sell out to 343i and take over that poop show. Finish what those nubs couldn't finish, actually remastering and fixing the Halo games that matter!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Sorry, you are a nice guy and I know you mean well, but this post is incredibly stupid.

The old games were defined by being cheesy, esp H2 and H3, and ODST to an extent. They wanted to get serious with reach due to what gamers wanted in games, and that's what you saw in Reach and H4. These games have always had little to do with Halo rings. H3 had barely a halo ring in it, ODST had none, Reach had none, Halo Wars had none. Why are you going to only complain about it now in the 343 games? The foreunners being exposed, and the prometheans themselves was something Bungie themselves had in the works, as seen in the vice article. The exploration of the forerunners was an obvious next step, and was set up in H3's terminals and ending cutscene, something 343 had no influence or control of.

343 hasn't crumpled to any backlash, sure the art style is looking more traditional in some aspects, but 90% of that infinite trailer is still H4/5 content. The Halo games as I said earlier, have healthy populations and are huge draws for people to get an Xbox. The Halo Wars 2 content using more classical looking assets comes because it is an RTS where objects need more distinct shapes from up top and more vibrant colors. It has a different art director, and doesn't need to create new high quality assets in which time and money has already been invested in.

No one has to "suck up to 343" to be invited to the studio, they like people who are passionate about the series, whether you are positive and negative and appreciate people who don't spout hyperbolic insults just to get attention. They aren't relying on modders at all to do anything, they hired Kornman because he has worked with these games forever in a capacity that suited him for the task of updating MCC. He has an impressive professional career in game dev, and was already familiar with things beyond what the public had access to at the time (the halo ce patch is one, and he also worked at another studio where he worked with source code related to that of one of the 343 games). The situation with the refined project I can't speak to much about, but theres been 0 talk of bringing that to MCC and the important thing is understanding what was broken in the first place. Refined improves things, it doesn't fix anything to how it was on Xbox. It's not a matter of "not being capable" it's a matter of prioritizing what is most important, and visual flourishes are not not important in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully the research one day yields the xbox graphical effects being restored, but if I were at 343 that would be the lowest thing on my priority. I can tell you from the refined team, that they haven't been asked to hand over their fixes nor do they intend to. It is the wish of that project that 343 can understand the details of what is broken, so real fixes can be made and not half fixes.

You imaginary 343 in your head is not what the real 343 is like. I can speak personally, they enjoy spirited criticism and are always are interested in feedback, but they are also professionals who realistically approach what needs to be done and are industry veterans who know what to prioritize thats important, and which whiney man children are upset because they are wanting their childhood of 10 years ago preserved and recreated.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 20, 2018 at 02:01 AM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 3:54 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website