A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »REQUEST/HELP re. (H2 maybe?)H3-Reach Weapons

Author Topic: REQUEST/HELP re. (H2 maybe?)H3-Reach Weapons (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 08:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi guys,

As we know, there was an incomplete ZTEAM port, rip, design or whatever of Halo 2, 3 (and ODST) and Reach weapons. I, having OCD over tags and mess rearranged EVERY COMPLETE/WORKING weapon into a legacy_weapons tag folder. I also got them working with the default Halo CE HUD so its all user friendly, compatible with regular CE tags and doesn't effect the regular tags in anyway and are NOT OS-

>Original CE pickup icons with EVERY OTHER Halo game weapon icon below so no orders are messed up
>Original CE message text with EVER OTHER Halo game weapon message below so no orders are messed up
>Add the other Halo game reticles in (minus spartan laser charging animation, not even noticeable)
>ALL other Halo game weapons use the regular CE HUD, but how? Apart from the new reticles, I only used the new ammo counters of course, moved on the top left beneath the ammo and grenade counter
>New HUD elements had their colours changed to match the regular CE hud

Now as mentioned before... These are the issues-
>Halo 2 Shotgun animation is stuffed, I think it was one of the reloads, an incorrect amount of shells are loaded or the reload sound plays twice when loading the first or final shell
>Halo 3 Sentinel Beam is stuffed, sound, projectile, particles etc.
>Halo 3 SMG fire sound is missing, for some reason it uses the Halo 2 sound
>Halo 3 weapons are missing (machine gun turret, plasma cannon turret, missile pod, flame thrower)
>Halo 3 Sword doesn't deplete (if it does it doesn't turn into the empty blade model)
>Halo Reach is missing many weapons

So... Anybody want to help me OR any PROS want to TAKE OVER and finish this? I had this awesome vision but I don't have the time any more nor the skill set to figure some of this out.

Thoughts? Yay or nay? Waste of time? Its cool having other Halo assets in a neat folder and not effecting the regular tags?

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 03:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
For the Sword depleting, you can set up an age function in the weapon tag, then in the weapon model you can open the energy blade shader and change the framebuffer fade source to the function you've just made (eg. A out).

For the SMG, iirc zteam released another tagpack with even more stuff, there you should find a sound_looping firing effect for it. Bungie in H3 dropped the single firing sound and used a looping sound, so eh

For the rest I guess you should dig somewhere else :/

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 01:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Goodness I'm not one to fiddle with such a thing, I've never really played with any function blocks... I assume you're knowledgeable about this, would setting up the ZTeam sword even be possible? It has both energised and depleted models so I guess I just have to somehow put the models together? Or is this completely shader related? Forgive me, I'm a visual comprehender/learner.

I obviously don't have or know where this updated tag folder is. I think I got the ZTeam stuff from here and after placing all the SMGs they had, none of them sounded like the Halo 3 one. Where's this more newer version?

I just wanted to put this out here. Or maybe poorly attempt to influence or give another bored modder or two another project to think about trying or helping out with. Assets. We get campaign mods yeah, but it would be cool if we sat down and created asset/tag collections from other Halo games and just share em'round. I'm getting bored of all the old incomplete ZTeam mods, CMT asset recycling etc.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 2, 2018 at 01:10 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 3:54 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website