A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Infestation campaign beta

Author Topic: Infestation campaign beta (20 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Flood_Developer

Please follow closely, this door is the first of10

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 04:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 20       
getting a http error when i try to upload to the site so I thought id just upload it to my dropbox and chuck you guys a link.
EDIT: New dropbox link that now contains an updated readme and a short map called release which i made before the infestation campaign where you play as the first of the combat forms made and tear through the swamp facility with the escaped flood, pretty much all done apart from the final trigger because there is no second map to go to.
New DB link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e84gnqf0wgtmo0x/InfestationMapBeta.rar?dl=0

Also importantly,
Shout out to StormUndBlackbird who featured my maps pictures in his video and might be doing a playthrough of it on halloween, thanks so much man. His channel is pretty sweet too if you want updates on whats good in the community so send him a like and show some love!
His video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8lsJuw1bI&t=935s.

And another to my man the gravemind hopefully we'll be seeing an update with his new infection forms in the map, could take a while tho lol.

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/rj9etX3.

Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 1, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:08 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:15 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 04:28 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 02:38 AM    Msg. 2 of 20       
Yesss, I've waited for this :)

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 01:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 20       
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0

Direct link

I'm downloading it right now, Maybe I can make a gamplay

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 02:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0

Direct link

I'm downloading it right now, Maybe I can make a gamplay

Yeah man by all means if you like it I'd love to see gameplay uploaded somewhere :)

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 07:41 PM    Msg. 5 of 20       
Wow! Waited so long for this release! Gonna test it when I can but i'm currently really busy.

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 08:18 PM    Msg. 6 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Wow! Waited so long for this release! Gonna test it when I can but i'm currently really busy.

Damn right my man! Hope you enjoy and bump or pm when you got that crazy good xsstuff you working on done. Have fun

The Gravemind

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 11:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 20       
Sure man but I still haven't gotten a chance to fix few things because i'm so busy but i'll send it to you as soon as i'm done.

austen1000

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 11:49 PM    Msg. 8 of 20       
Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:52 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:57 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 PM

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 12:36 AM    Msg. 9 of 20       
Sure man but I still haven't gotten a chance to fix few things because i'm so busy but i'll send it to you as soon as i'm done.

Cool man be sure to give me a shout when you do, and feedback when you get a chance to play it

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

I know about the pause issue but I don't know what you mean about AI it should all spawn corectly, maybe the ai on the playthrough didn't maneuver properly or do you mean like a lack of cov on the upper floors of the hanger for example. Also thanks man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM

austen1000

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 01:05 AM    Msg. 10 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer

Cool man be sure to give me a shout when you do, and feedback when you get a chance to play it

I know about the pause issue but I don't know what you mean about AI it should all spawn corectly, maybe the ai on the playthrough didn't maneuver properly or do you mean like a lack of cov on the upper floors of the hanger for example. Also thanks man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM

No covenant or flood spawn at all on my end, for three levels straight (didn't even play the others). Even the lower hanger didn't have spawns, as portrayed in the screenshot. I heard what sounded like Sentinels exploding, and there were those background flood roars, but no actual Flood. It happened even when I decided to go back and load the first level. Is there issues with Open Sauce and Chimera 49?
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 01:07 AM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 09:32 AM    Msg. 11 of 20       

The betas are filled with AI, I just played it yesterday

This is anoying, you are using the third person model in first person and it uses the lowest level of detail and it looks shi7

Also the hud is centered, i'm not sure if its chimera related

Otherwise is fine

I give it 9/10

austen1000

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 10:27 AM    Msg. 12 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

The betas are filled with AI, I just played it yesterday

This is anoying, you are using the third person model in first person and it uses the lowest level of detail and it looks shi7

https://i.imgur.com/URXTzkL.png

Also the hud is centered, i'm not sure if its chimera related

Otherwise is fine

I give it 9/10

Odd. I loaded up the first level at least twice, and no AI spawn. I've never had an issue like this before. Maybe third time will be the charm. If not, I'll record and post a brief video.

Update: It is indeed an issue with Open Sauce. I renamed the dll to prevent it from loading, and the AI spawned. Is anyone else who uses Open Sauce having this issue.

Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1TGbqe15IA

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:05 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:21 PM

The Gravemind

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 02:26 PM    Msg. 13 of 20       
Haven't tried it yet but I will later today but the pause thing usually happens when the scenario is multiplayer instead of single player and has single player spawns.

austen1000

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 02:32 PM    Msg. 14 of 20       
Haven't tried it yet but I will later today but the pause thing usually happens when the scenario is multiplayer instead of single player and has single player spawns.

I wonder if that is also why Open Sauce breaks the AI spawns, unless that is what you are refering too with the first part of the statement.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 02:44 PM

The Gravemind

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 04:41 PM    Msg. 15 of 20       
It could be possible.

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 08:27 PM    Msg. 16 of 20       
Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

austen1000

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 09:03 PM    Msg. 17 of 20       
Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 11:53 PM    Msg. 18 of 20       

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

austen1000

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 01:09 AM    Msg. 19 of 20       

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Well, besides older releases, I thought the only publically available version of Open Sauce was the lastest release, 4.0 (or 4.something), which came out back when TSC:E was hitting the scene.

Anyways, I went forward with the non-OS install, and it is pretty fun. The HUD is a good compromise between the lack of one in STKFT and a normal hud.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:21 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:33 AM

Flood_Developer

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 01:50 AM    Msg. 20 of 20       

#

Well, besides older releases, I thought the only publically available version of Open Sauce was the lastest release, 4.0 (or 4.something), which came out back when TSC:E was hitting the scene.

Anyways, I went forward with the non-OS install, and it is pretty fun. The HUD is a good compromise between the lack of one in STKFT and a normal hud.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:21 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:33 AM

Thanks man feels good to know you liked it, maybe I'm using some old version oh well. Yeah the HUD was a fun thing to screw around with and try to make this small campaign distinguishable from stkft, also did ya finish it? On another note what'd you think of the design of the maps if it's not to much to ask, i try to do that story through world building so getting an opinion on that would be sweet
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:59 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 3:54 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website