A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »The alpha channel recolouring method?

Author Topic: The alpha channel recolouring method? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 07:28 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
So in my time texturing this game I've been doing it the old fashion way of colouring a colour over things... I heard there is an easier method via alpha channels and painting something white so you can change the colours in Guerrilla as you would a grunt or chief biped. Is there a video or something on this?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 04:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Thinking about making one accompanied with a write-up this week.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 11:30 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Oh nice. Are you trying to cover almost everything in existence to Halo modding or something? You must have a lot of spare time on your hands. But your doing fine work with that, help noobs like myself and any other newbies who want to join in on the fun.

Here's a random off topic texture related question- you know the elite biped? It only comes in that odd unused silver colour. I tried making bipeds for the other elites except the colours in the colour change, despite matching the actor variants appear slightly different on the bipeds. What's up with that?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 24, 2018 at 11:37 AM

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 06:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
there is a change colors option in the actor variant's tag way at the bottom try changing that for the actor variants.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 10:00 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website