A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »3dsmax8 CAD Animation exporter error

Author Topic: 3dsmax8 CAD Animation exporter error (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

mythichope

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 06:03 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
As you can see in the title, my 3ds max version is 8. Ok so i'm importing the npelican model from hugeass, animating a flight path, and exporting with CAD's thing. When I try to build with tool *tool animations levels\test\bloodgulch\npelican*, I get this error:

### 1.jmw
### ERROR reached end of file during parse.
### ERROR too many nodes in actor.
failed to parse jma

model animation compression saved 0 bytes

I'm following MattDratt's yt tutorial on this whole thing, and everything is fine except for this. Also i'm not sure if it's important, but when I export the animation, it plays it and always freezes about 80 frames before the end, then says done. Any thoughts?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 04:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Move to a 64bit version of 3dsmax, it sounds like it's running out of memory. max 8 is 32bit, 32bit means only 2-4gb of memory is accessable. Or try waiting to see if it responds after a few minutes.

Unexpected end of file means the exporter never finished writing all the animation data to the file.

mythichope

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 10:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
In the end I just decided to get gmax. (am I crazy? lol) anyways, i'm just planning on doing animations, so. I got everything working fine in gmax, just trying to figure out how to use it better. I already made a test animation, and no errors in sight, so that's good.

Also, if I HAD to get 3ds max, would version 9 work as 64-bit? If not, do you know which versions would? Thanks for the help so far btw
Edited by mythichope on Oct 22, 2018 at 04:37 PM

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 02:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Any version of max 5+ should work. I run 2017 and everything works aye ok

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:59 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website