A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback

Author Topic: Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 09:00 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Quote: MMMMM BOIIIIII GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS!

It's time to get out of bed, bash your face on the desk and skip breakfast. Download this god damn map, enjoy the <dennis profanity filter> out of it, and sit around wondering what to do with your life.

If you have no idea how to run a Halo Singleplayer map, first of all, why are you here? Secondly, I've included a readme with a short tutorial.

Also, all the dev files are in there. Tags, scripts and even JMS files. All Max files included are 2016+

https://www.mediafire.com/file/78e1iw1e328h593/omega.zip/file

Hey guys, thanks so much for trying out Omega. If you have any feedback, please leave it here. There will be a sequel to this later on, and all feedback will be used in that huge project!

the concerned thros

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 10:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
I'm gonna turn this to a Halo 3 mod.

lightsout

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 05:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Made an account just to post a "review" on the mission. Modding CE nowadays truly is a thankless job, so the least I could do was offer my thoughts. I thought it was really good. It had a really smooth flow, the landscaping and internal areas were very well crafted and the enemy placements and numbers were just right. Nothing too overwhelming for the sake of "difficulty". Only custom assets I noticed were the jackal shields and the elite energy shields. Not that I mind, CEs sandbox stands great on its own and there were no weird and unfitting mixes of artstyles. My favorite aspect was definitely the battlefield composition. The variety, the multiple paths and little secret entrances/holes added the depth that vanilla CE is known for. I also appreciated some small details, like the covie corpses before the Flood attack. Best part for me was the "One Final Effort" segment, with the "uphill" battle against the covie turret. Felt like I was playing a Bungie level at that point. The story was pretty standard. Voice acting was pretty good for a fan project (the AI gave me some "If the Emperor had a TTS" vibes, which is always a big plus). Overall, it was very enjoyable and I will definitely add it to my annual "every Halo campaign/great fangame" marathon. Seriously, thank you for making this. I'm certainly looking forward to any future missions/projects by you. Take care.

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 03:44 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros
I'm gonna turn this to a Halo 3 mod.

Go ahead. Just keep the jackal shields looking pretty.

Quote: --- Original message by: lightsout
Made an account just to post a "review" on the mission. Modding CE nowadays truly is a thankless job, so the least I could do was offer my thoughts. I thought it was really good. It had a really smooth flow, the landscaping and internal areas were very well crafted and the enemy placements and numbers were just right. Nothing too overwhelming for the sake of "difficulty". Only custom assets I noticed were the jackal shields and the elite energy shields. Not that I mind, CEs sandbox stands great on its own and there were no weird and unfitting mixes of artstyles. My favorite aspect was definitely the battlefield composition. The variety, the multiple paths and little secret entrances/holes added the depth that vanilla CE is known for. I also appreciated some small details, like the covie corpses before the Flood attack. Best part for me was the "One Final Effort" segment, with the "uphill" battle against the covie turret. Felt like I was playing a Bungie level at that point. The story was pretty standard. Voice acting was pretty good for a fan project (the AI gave me some "If the Emperor had a TTS" vibes, which is always a big plus). Overall, it was very enjoyable and I will definitely add it to my annual "every Halo campaign/great fangame" marathon. Seriously, thank you for making this. I'm certainly looking forward to any future missions/projects by you. Take care.

Thanks man! It means a lot and I'm glad you enjoyed the mod!

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 01:47 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
You actually kept your promise! :D

EDIT:

Played through it, very enjoyable, very nice environments and very nice encounters, I didn't like the flood part tho and the terrain can use some smoothing
Edited by lolslayer on Nov 1, 2018 at 05:39 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Nov 3, 2018 09:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I will try it tonight and send feedback tomorrow

HomefrontSpartan117

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 10:22 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
Quote: MMMMM BOIIIIII GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS!

It's time to get out of bed, bash your face on the desk and skip breakfast. Download this god damn map, enjoy the <dennis profanity filter> out of it, and sit around wondering what to do with your life.

If you have no idea how to run a Halo Singleplayer map, first of all, why are you here? Secondly, I've included a readme with a short tutorial.

Also, all the dev files are in there. Tags, scripts and even JMS files. All Max files included are 2016+

https://www.mediafire.com/file/78e1iw1e328h593/omega.zip/file

Hey guys, thanks so much for trying out Omega. If you have any feedback, please leave it here. There will be a sequel to this later on, and all feedback will be used in that huge project!

Hi, how do i load this mod onto halo custom edition? how do i use the console command?

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 01:06 AM    Msg. 8 of 11       
do you even have the console enabled? try pressing ~ in the main menu.

HomefrontSpartan117

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 01:52 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
do you even have the console enabled? try pressing ~ in the main menu.

i just figured it out, i guess i was suppose to add the console command in the properties area after you right click on it and select properties and then add the "-console" lione in the target area?

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 03:49 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
yep that's it

Nertez

Zetren

Posted: Yesterday @ 03:28 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Impressive stuff! Lovely use of colour, nice skybox, interesting encounters, new and interesting geometry/architecture.

A few quality of life suggestions though should you release a v2:

• Why not include Jesse's High Resolution Halo Hud?

• The barrels that the amarines are hiding behind during the wraith encounter a floating a little

• The voice you hear in the beginning is clearly a text to speech bot and is a little off-putting, if you ever need a voice actor, hit me up!

• There are floating shields a meter in the air in the big room which is soon after when the custom music plays (which annoyingly is in mono!), and before the control room lookalike.

• Put some pistol ammo in or around the control room lookalike

• The countdown section is great, put more enemies in there!

• There NEEDS to be a checkpoint somewhere around when you leave the control room facility and the flood start attacking

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:59 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website