A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »That UUI Update?

Author Topic: That UUI Update? (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 04:45 AM    Msg. 1 of 17       
Guys was I dreaming or was there a thread or someone talking about this in one of the threads here about a new UUI update coming soon?

Is this real or was I dreaming? I swear it was real...

...Also... Big ask... If the author is nice... To keep the updates rolling and or reduce the annoyance of the need for an update and possible pressures... Can there be a little foot note explaining how to link menu buttons to load a scenario? I got a crap load of maps, mine and others in need of some menu love. Hell, since I got the tags working, I could help others too link their own maps into their own menus... But you know...

Pretty please? I got about 6 firefight maps made from stock BSPs to look super part of the game but using the ` map_name function is becoming really annoying...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 5, 2018 at 04:50 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 10:13 AM    Msg. 2 of 17       
It was being developed by Jazz from the SPV3 team and others, but is currently on hold as he finishes up SPV3 work. Some of the stuff he is doing for SPV3's new UI will surely make it into the new UUI as well

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3/CMT and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 05:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
As Masterz said, we've been working with that new UUI. SbdJazz, Sled, Jerry Brick and me are the developers of that project. UUI2.0 is currently on hold, since Jazz has been working with UI elements for SPv3.2, and, in the other hand, Jerry, Sled and me have been working with the "CEA-like" UI, including support for high quality textures, language selection (english and spanish), new UI settings using our "User Interface Controller" or "UIC" (we use the "CIU" sigle, and it stands for "Control de Interfaz de Usuario"). If you're interested in that project, you can take a look at:

https://hceworkshop.shadowmods.net/hceaui

The current available version is a bit old and "ugly" compared with the new one, so don't download it. Instead, wait for the upcoming version, which includes a lot of new features and fixes, as I said above.
Best regards.
Edited by MrChromed on Nov 5, 2018 at 05:46 PM

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 07:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
nice! was really hoping for a an updated one.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 01:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Nice. Hey just to let you guys know. I don't care about ugly. As long as you provide a working file with no bugs, that's all I need to be satisfied and earn my love/respect. Keep up the good work.

I was going to start a UI project myself but the only thing I cannot do is script maps to buttons. So after doing my entire menu, I quit. The end.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 6, 2018 at 01:06 AM

sbdjazz

-MISSING IN ACTION-

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 03:18 AM    Msg. 6 of 17       
Pretty much as Masterz said. UUIv2 is on hold as work on SPV3 progresses. And life has also been really busy recently.
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Guys was I dreaming or was there a thread or someone talking about this in one of the threads here about a new UUI update coming soon?

...Also... Big ask... If the author is nice... To keep the updates rolling and or reduce the annoyance of the need for an update and possible pressures... Can there be a little foot note explaining how to link menu buttons to load a scenario? I got a crap load of maps, mine and others in need of some menu love. Hell, since I got the tags working, I could help others too link their own maps into their own menus... But you know...

Pretty please? I got about 6 firefight maps made from stock BSPs to look super part of the game but using the ` map_name function is becoming really annoying...

(map_name <filename without the .map or .yelo>)

For difficulty, you need some more functions like,
(game_difficulty_set <difficulty>)

Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 6, 2018 at 03:23 AM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 03:57 AM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz

Pretty much as Masterz said. UUIv2 is on hold as work on SPV3 progresses. And life has also been really busy recently.

(map_name <filename without the .map or .yelo>)

For difficulty, you need some more functions like,
(game_difficulty_set <difficulty>)

Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 6, 2018 at 03:23 AM

(map_name firefighttest)
(game_difficulty_set easy)
(game_difficulty_set normal)
(game_difficulty_set heroic)
(game_difficulty_set legendary)

That's it? How do I script that to happen with pressing the button in my menu? Yet alone go from selecting the map/scenario to go to the difficulty select before actually loading said map/scenario?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 7, 2018 at 03:58 AM

Masters1337

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 07:13 AM    Msg. 8 of 17       
You set difficulty first, map name second.

You need a widget to call a script. Just rip the UUI and you should be able to figure it out.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 07:37 AM    Msg. 9 of 17       
This is where I'm having the issues. I tried doing that a while ago but the tags are a mess and I don't even know where to start. My head literally exploded when I was sifting through the tags, I read the script but the tags... Wow... Like the tags punched me in the face after I ripped them... SO MANY!

I really appreciate the help so far but if I could just have a visual aid on where this process starts it'd be much appreciated. I want to make a template/modders resource out of this too because unlike the GTA and Fallout modding communities, the Halo modding community doesn't really have much...

Goal (what I'm trying to achieve here): Create a working list of maps within the UI that allow for difficulty selection and load the scenario as a regular campaign mission would.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 7, 2018 at 08:17 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 08:57 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
Honestly very few people understand halo’s UI system to an extent they can do things with them. You are at their mercy (as am I) when it comes to this stuff. I wouldn’t bother trying to learn it yourself.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 11:50 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
Damn. Its just that there is widget after widget after widget all connected and then you have to figure out which one houses that link and script.

I really, REALLY hope the guys can note which widget controls it and or just provides us a blank canvas of an empty list to be filled by us. Then all it would take is one of us to make a quick youtube video and boom.

Anyone could then make a list of maps and then watch the growth of noobs (and pros) and UIs being pumped out like this is something brand new.

Basically what I created (no screenies, I'll need to put my UI tag folder in to load it up):
Its ALL base game/vanilla stuff+assets right? Now picture the default UI. Under "campaign" there is another option titled "firefight" (same font, blue glow etc.) When you go inside it there is a list EXACTLY the same as you see the regular campaign missions except the titles are the names of my 6 firefight maps and they have their own picture and description. Problem is, you cannot press on them, they do nothing. That's where I'm stuck. Getting them to go to the difficulty select thingy and linking the correct title to the correct map/scenario...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 7, 2018 at 11:57 PM

sbdjazz

-MISSING IN ACTION-

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 12:15 AM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Here's how the spv3 ui does it. In the level select screen, when you choose a mission. It simply sets an integer variable as to which map to load. There is a script function that takes in an integer value and runs the map name function, using a series of if statements. On selecting a level, it takes you to the difficulty menu. The moment you click on a difficulty, it runs (set_game_difficulty) function and after that the custom function with the integer value as argument. This will cause the map to load, with the required difficulty.

In order to bind a script to an event on widget (click, enter, A or START button), go to the events section of that widget, if you're using guerilla_v2, then there is a mysteriously blank flag under the event flags, that flag is actually "run script". Enable that flag and also the "run function" flag. Below there is a text box to enter the script name to run. Use the name of the script block.

Honestly, you can figure all that out by observing UUIv1.1 script and tag set. Mooseguy released all that.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 12:22 AM    Msg. 13 of 17       
Well in the past they said to rip the map and the script, which I did. But when sifting through it not only was it a mess (millions of tags), I couldn't find the widget I was supposed to be referencing to even begin to replicate the process. Like searching for a needle in a ui widget haystack.

sbdjazz

-MISSING IN ACTION-

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 12:55 AM    Msg. 14 of 17       
While observing it, go through it using the hierarchy. Start with the main menu widget collection tag in ui/shell/ i think (i am not on pc at moment). Then to the main_menu widget tag and then look at its child widgets. Select a child widget something like mainmenu select list then open it, then look for its children, then select campaign item, then so on.

HomefrontSpartan117

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 07:08 PM    Msg. 15 of 17       
So is this the custom universal that has campaign, firefight and multiplayer u.i interface one that was from 2014 the last update or is this something different?

the one im referring to is this one: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6952

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 10:06 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
That's the one I'm using. Unless there was a newer one elsewhere I'm pretty sure that's the newer UUI. Just wish I could add my missions to those lists...

HomefrontSpartan117

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 10:19 PM    Msg. 17 of 17       
That's the one I'm using. Unless there was a newer one elsewhere I'm pretty sure that's the newer UUI. Just wish I could add my missions to those lists...

sounds like there is one out there, but im sure the newer one is on some random website of halo mods.

cause im hoping someone will make a new one soon, cause seems tehre a re still new halo mod campaign, omega was just released and im trying to load the console thing, but a pain in the butt to get to.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 10:00 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website