A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included

Author Topic: Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 12:45 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Very simple project that I made today.

Red team plays as spartans, blue team plays as elites.

All the files are included. Chimera has been tested with the version in the .zip, 560, and 572(unstable release).

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftzu9bsqk6j6obp/hvc.zip?dl=0

The source can also be found on my github: https://github.com/Nickzster/HaloCEStuff

Wanna make your own team bipeds?

bSwitch.lua, scroll until you find:

BIPEDS = {
[0] = "bourrin\\halo reach\\spartan\\male\\mp masterchief",
[1] = "cmt\\characters\\elite_v2\\player\\elite_v2_mp",
}

Simply change the directories to the models. [0] = red team, [1] = blue team. Make sure to reference both of your team's bipeds in guerilla's reference section.

hvc.lua (you will obviously need to rename this .lua file to your map name), scroll until you find:

--redTeamHands = "halo reach\\objects\\characters\\spartans\\fp\\fp" --DEFAULTED to currently set hands in globals. 
blueTeamHands = "cmt\\characters\\elite_v2\\fp\\minor" --Set the hands you want for blue team here.

Change the blue team hands to the directory of where your blue team hands are located. The script will automatically pull the tag from the red team's hands. You also need to reference these fp hands in the guerilla reference section.

Credits:

Kavawuvi (Same person as 002? Please confirm this with a reply) - Biped switch script, making such an amazing client-side app.

aLTis - bigass_mod.lua fp hands changing.

Nickster5000 - Putting it together, setting it up for red team and blue team

Anyone else I forgot to mention.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 12:46 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 01:21 AM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 01:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
That elite... With the hat... What?!

Tachikoma

Brotherhood for Freedom

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 01:11 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Mmmmmm, this could come in handy. Thank you.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 01:54 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Uhh, if you're doing this correctly it should not need a client script to work properly afaik.

Nickster5000

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 01:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
The client uses chimera to control the fp hand switching. I figured this was the best approach to take. I am aware of the ability to link the script to the .map itself, but the purpose of this project was to set it up & open source it for the community to use.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 04:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Fair

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:56 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website