A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Rigging Face and Mouth in Bipeds

Author Topic: Rigging Face and Mouth in Bipeds (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 12:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I need information on this topic

-Does mouth data affect the rig?

To make the eyes blink I use the ponytail bone or what?
Because there should be at least 2 diferent bones, one for mouth and another for eyeblinking?

So what do should I do? How do I asign weights to the vertex if theres no mouth bone?
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Nov 7, 2018 at 12:04 PM

the concerned thros

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 12:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
My god so much brown trash stupidity I can't handle it anymore.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 12:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros

[Redacted]
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Nov 8, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Kinnet

Never lucky :c

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 02:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Afaik eye blinking on marines is done through shaders controlled by functions on the biped tag, so don't worry about them in the rigging stage, as for the voice data mouth thingy... idk. It's nice to see ur back btw :)

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 02:07 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
All mouth data does is open and close the mouth if it can. If you compile a sound, set it to dialog, then recompile it it will have mouth data.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 04:37 PM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Models with no mouths do not need anything rigged to the mouth. This goes for any type of missing part of any model.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 06:31 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros

Chill with that kind of talk.. unless you're hoping for another ban? I'm sure you'll post some whack Youtube video about how it's all a conspiracy by Masterz/CMT and Dennis if you do get banned LOL

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 12:05 AM    Msg. 8 of 10       
I've got this same issue, my edited marine biped wont move his mouth or eyes either.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 11:59 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Models with no mouths do not need anything rigged to the mouth. This goes for any type of missing part of any model.

But my model has a mouth, not this one because I use it as an example

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
all mouth data does is open and close the mouth if it can. If you compile a sound, set it to dialog, then recompile it it will have mouth data.

But how? How do you know which vertex's apply to the mouth?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 07:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Each biped animation set (referenced in the biped tag) that has accounted for a mouth has an overlay animation with two frames. The first frame has the whole body in the normal position. The second frame has the mouth/mandible bones moved into the position of how far the 'mouth' should be open at max openness. For the marine this is the ponytail bone (I think), for the elite these are the mandible bones.

It doesn't look for vertices, it just moves the bones into a position between the two frames in the speaking overlay that is appropriate for how loud the dialog sound currently is. And that moving of the bones moves the vertices.

How loud it is is looked up each tick from the mouth data, which is just a value from 0-1 or lowest to highest. That value for the current tick determines how close to either frame frame the position of the bones should be.

The mouth overlay is called talk, with the name of the respective unit before it. Ex: 'stand talk'.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 10:00 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website