A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Anyone want to Finish my Custom Marine Bipeds? (You take full credit)

Author Topic: Anyone want to Finish my Custom Marine Bipeds? (You take full credit) (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 12:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
To see what they were, go to the biped W.I.P section on this site to see what I tried to do and FAILED miserably at the final stage...

This was the process I went through: https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE

I can provide the files, all someone needs to do is get these into the game without looking deformed like mine. And you can take all the credit, I did nothing but chop and change marine arms and heads anyway...

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 02:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Any pic's?

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 08:20 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Yeah the pics are on the google+ account link. If you want other screenshots I can take some more. Basically, as you can see I got as far as getting them into the game but for some reason the mesh is a little 'deformed'.

So IF you're interested I can give you the 3ds max files. The textures are all the default marine stuff from Halo so there is nothing special here. I'm a novice with 3DS MAX and all I can do is scenery things. As for the biped, I dunno, it just isn't going right for me...

There are 2 bipeds:
1. Armoured marine with the marine variant heads (hair, bandanna, boonie hat (no sarge heads))
2. Armoured marine with the marine variant arms (pulled up sleeves, no sarge arms)

I was trying to create those new variants but I just cannot get it right, so I want to pass the torch to someone else who would like some new marines to add to our Halo games.

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 8, 2018 at 08:28 PM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 02:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Send them over to me. I won't take credit. I'll make a video detailing me fixing them, how, and why. Then release that and the files.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Nov 9, 2018 at 02:59 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 11:15 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Are you kidding me? No seriously? I've never uploaded a file before. Where do you want me to upload it to and do you prefer regular rar format? Do you want JUST the scenes? ALL the textures and the models were from Halo's tags, so do you need the data files as well?

And no, do please, if you can get this out there for everyone, it is all you. I had this vision, more lore friendly or vanilla edit tags. And a little inspiration from the old alpha or beta CE marines.

The video is just a bonus and would most likely help failures like myself be able to produce something without asking for help. People like you make me believe this community can grow and noobs like myself could be pushed in the right direction for making new content for this game for years to come.

EDIT: I had about 12 scenes for the biped for various testing purposes. I will put the two WORKING scenes in as I am unsure now which ones had been dismantled and destroyed during my trial and error tests.
>armored_marine2 is the armoured marine with ALL the head variations
>armored_marineTEST was the prototype I got into the game (see the google+ link for reference to that guy, the one with the sleeves up)

The test marine was more of a prototype as he only had the one head. So if you want to finish him or add more heads to him that's up to you, Otherwise, armored_marine2 was the primary marine I failed.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApN6RDB-7oGZaVl46G2Ov6Xd_5k

Can you access the zip on my OneDrive? If so, are all those the files you'd need?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 10, 2018 at 12:32 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 9:56 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website