A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Couple questions for Dreamweb authors, 3d modelling and tagging.

Author Topic: Couple questions for Dreamweb authors, 3d modelling and tagging. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sargent 0

I don't even how this got profile pic got approved

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 07:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I just got back into CE modding after I don't know half a year or more. So yeah... I'm back. I didn't really have much a reputation here other than being an annoying arrogant buthole but I guarantee soon I'll post valuable original content after I put more research into general modding. I never produced any cool lookin content although I do have some cut stuff I've gave up on cause I didn't know what to do, all on my other laptop.(Gameplay balanced altehros tags, some new hr brute and elite rank 3d models(brute spec ops, elite general), a cut "Gravemind" level thats like 10% done. I gave up cause I didn't know what to do after I had the bsp)

1. You know those animated forerunner weapons in that ce3 dreamweb preview? Yeah? Well first, are those animations 100% original(If so congrats to the animator for that god like skill) and why were they never included in the release?(I want them...I need them)

2. where are those Halo 2 anniversary marines shown in that ce3 preview? How do you get those models alongside with the h2a elites and the hcea chief biped(I'm guessing that you used a modded file explorer for the xbox one(*ahem gamecheat13)).

3.Can someone provide me with a 3dsmax tutorial? Specifically, I need a general understanding of the UI, how to rig a model with animations and making collision model tags. I'll give a some examples to best prove what I'm trying to do.

If you take a look at altehros hr elite models in max(minor, major, spec etc) you can see that all he did was kind of delete some armor mesh of a halo 3 elite and replaced them with the halo reach counter parts. At the time, altehros only had the minor, major, spec ops, ultra and zealot hr elites(He didn't make the general or the field marshall). So I myself made the general and field marshall models in max before he did in the same fashion as the other elite models. I just didnt know what the hell to do next to render it in game so I just scrapped it.(It might still be somewhere on my screwed up old laptop. its been quite some time)

Take a cool lookin halo 4 carbine and rig it somehow with halo 3 carbine animations.

Get the already available Halo 2 animation extractor, extract each individual marine animation(strafe_right,strafe_left) and rig them to a halo 2 marine model and make some collision model.

4. Can anyone provide me with tagging tutorials? I need anything to benefit my mediocre tagging skills.

I just know how to do the newbie stuff like changing up vitality values, removing child effects from some parent effect(remove electrical effect from a brute shot grenade impact), change colors of a biped, change the basic ai values(firing rate, strafe, etc)

If someone gave me a pile of tags(For example, SPV3), I can do basic mods like gameplay balance, change minor details in effects(remove smoke effect from brute shot grenade impact), etc.
However, if someone gave me a pile of models, shaders, basically any asset straight ripped from adjutant alongside with already available biped/weapon animations and I had to make a h3/hr mixed tagset(hr brute with halo 3 brute armor: halo 3 shotgun with hr textures and shaders), I'd have no idea what to do. This is what I'm trying to accomplish: I want to make cool 100% original content like cmt, altehros, megasean or any other advanced modder but I only know the basics of tagging.

An example to best prove my tagging skills: say I'm a complete master at java coding and I want to learn, i dont know uuhh, c++ and I have a very basic understanding of c++(Can make simple calculators and can understand structure of code). I look at someone elses advanced c++ program and I can maybe change up some values and maybe add a couple new methods. If I were to write some c++ program similar to the other guys advanced program, I have no idea what to do.

All I'm saying is that can anyone link me or provide with tutorials or guides so I could further study tagging. I don't want to keep coming back to this forum with some debug log asking for help every 5 minutes.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 07:44 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 08:09 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 08:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
It is alleged that Gamecheat13 trolled. Or faked it. Apparently it was either model rips or really professional look alike models within Halo 2 Vista.

Me and my buddies don't believe it. The Xbox One is so-called unhackable and I literally cannot find anything on the internet regarding Xbox One modding yet alone MCC modding. I'd love to be able to fly a pelican on the MCC too but with all the 'secrecy' I have my doubts. Its obviously fake or something dodgy happening all together.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 09:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
1. I heard the most of the dreamcast tags were lost after a hard drive failure including the forerunner weapons.

2. Gamecheat probably did fake his and only few people have access to h2a models. I really wan't to get my hands on those sweet flood models.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3hqIyjthc&list=PLsYFcdY5bHyIEj38SFXPRgTCqItJMyLRi that playlist contains the basics for modeling in 3dsmax. I have the latest version and the ui is pretty much the same. I recommend getting a custom biped with halo 1 bones and avoid custom animations for now.

4. All my tagging skills are from trial and error I never did find any tutorials sadly.

Sargent 0

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 09:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Thank you both for your replies.

where did you get the information that Gamecheat13 faked it. Xbox one is moddable but to an extent. You can modify the xbox one using microsofts devs mode and this file explorer https://github.com/Xenomega/xsymlink. Have you not heard of xbox one game save modding? Another example apart from the pelican in mcc by gamecheat is his halo 5 ai battle videos. Both his warden v warden and hunters vs cov + prometh ai battles take place in campaign with the ai in that specific scene(what i mean is that say there is this part in halo 5 where you fight hunters and elites. You can only make ai battles with those specific ai. You cant place down more or reduce them). The campaign is not included in the halo 5 pc version FYI.I also highly doubt that those modded mcc/campaign h5 vids dont take place in the actual game as it would take f loads effort to replicate them

Aw man I feel horrible for the dreamweb authors. Must've took alot of effort to port those assets. You know sometimes computers really piss me off.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 10:03 PM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 12:17 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
The animations are real, the tags are gone, the max files are intact.
I worked hard on them. I still don't think we even have h4 animation ripping.

Sargent 0

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 01:44 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Alright so right now I'm taking the h2a battle rifle from dreamweb and giving it halo 3 animations. So I'm going to list what I did step by step and list out the problem in the end
-import the h2a battle rifle
-delete markers, bones, everything except the mesh.
-import halo 3 battle rifle from zteam.
-delete the halo 3 battle rifle mesh alongside with taking note of all the marker and frame locations
-Adjust markers and frames to their proper locations on the h2a battle rifle

The last step, which I have a problem with, is to link all the frames to their meshes. I don't really know the exact steps but after you link everything, your ready to export.

Tachikoma

(Formerly Megasean) Revival Map Pack Lead Dev.

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 04:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Sean here, the guy behind that dreamweb thing.

The BR should have already worked with those animations out of the box.

And pretty much what Michelle said, I only have what was actually released and that's it. I've personally forsaken Dreamweb and don't do anything regarding it anymore.

The Halo 2 Anniversary models are from a variety of sources, mainly Killer Instinct, Halo 5 Forge, and Halo Online (that is where the Marine is from). Nobody in the group had access to any Xbox One tools, especially not back in 2015/2016.

Edited by Tachikoma on Nov 22, 2018 at 05:00 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 1:47 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website