A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sargent 0's Ultimate H2A Elites Progress Log #1

Author Topic: Sargent 0's Ultimate H2A Elites Progress Log #1 (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 11:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       

ELITE FIELD OFFICER:

ELITE GENERAL:

ELITE ZEALOT:

ELITE ULTRA:

EDIT:

edited because this thread originally was pretty crappy. I'll post a proper thread with actual finalized models. The models you see before you are crap and i'll finish them later. I don't have any time at the moment to be working on them. for now see this thread as some sort of preview of what I'm working on.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 13, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Tachikoma

(Formerly Megasean) Revival Map Pack Lead Dev.

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 01:41 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
If you're willing to take a few hours of your life, Killer Instinct (it's even on steam now, but you can get it free on the W10 store) has the Reach armors made to fit the H2A elites already, and you get the benefit of textures that actually fit the model too. Browse a few Xentax threads and they should help you out. That's what I had to do to get my hands on the assets when making Dreamweb.

For the sake of helping you out in the now though, please fix the position of the shoulder pads. They're just... way too angled.
Edited by Tachikoma on Dec 9, 2018 at 01:43 AM

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 01:43 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Thank you for the reply and the tip. I'll look into it soon. However, I still do need help and I need a partner

Oh really? I thought the field officer and general shoulder armor was supposed to be like that. Thank you again for the tip

Alright I'm actually going to sleep now. its like 1:10 in the morning. I'm tired af.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 9, 2018 at 02:12 AM

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 07:40 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Always good to see an attempt to make the ultimate Elite. The H2A Elites in particular are my fav, so you have my thumb up. My only suggestions are, first of all, to optimize the models if you have not already (the polycount in the H2A Elites is absurd for CE) and perhaps add the Reach feet, because the H2A feet are way too small. Other than that, good job

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 10:41 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Thanks

EDIT:

I have no idea how to optimize poly count for CE. I'm assuming you suggested that because the H2A elite at times can slow gameplay because of the engine trying to render the h2a high definition model.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 10, 2018 at 01:18 AM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 13, 2018 at 12:56 AM

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 02:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Correct. If you're using Max there are some modifiers with which you can play, like Multires or Optimize, but they'll need extra manual tweaks. But trust me, they're worth the effort

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon March 25, 2019 4:40 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website