A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018

Author Topic: Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 08:17 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       

Download Link

Extract that by itself to it's own separate folder. It uses the modified OSv4 upgrades, the same SPV3 uses. Just extract it to it's own folder and run haloce.exe like you normally would. If you extract this into an existing Halo installation, you're gonna have a bad time.

You get weapons from the gun rack and ammo from the ammo cabinet. Look for them in Marine bases. The weapon you select will replace your secondary weapon. I'd prefer it to have replaced the primary, but there's a weird quirk in the engine regarding recorded animations being used to switch the player's weapon.

Marine Drivers will sometimes get stuck. They can't reverse on their own accord. I have a workaround for this planned in the future, but for now I haven't implemented it.

If you see anything that makes you say whoa wtf, please let me know.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 04:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Why has nobody reply to this thread yet?

Downloading now

Tachikoma

Mobile Suit enthusiast

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 07:39 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
Always looking forward to something new from this, gonna try out as soon as I can and get back to you.

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 08:51 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
Oh yeah gonna try this later im busy atm.

cheater59

u wanna 1v1 me decidia

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 08:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
damn that file size tho

Tachikoma

Mobile Suit enthusiast

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 01:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Noticed you can't crouch with some weapons.

Also this

Edited by Tachikoma on Dec 26, 2018 at 02:08 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 06:14 AM    Msg. 7 of 16       
lol, I'm guessing that's with the flashlight on? Thanks, I'll be able to remove that.

And did you notice which weapons prevented crouching? That should be fixable through the animation tag. Haven't noticed it though, will have to check it out.

S12Spark

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 06:05 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 07:54 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

That file IIRC is to allow the EAX option to be enabled and emulated. Not sure if it might just be your PC or if that's something I'd need to remove from future releases. Can anyone else let me know if they faced the same issue?

Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.

It's an open world firefight map that will eventually include sub-missions that unlock upgraded weapons or vehicles. You only saw the outskirts area, there's actually 2 more BSP sections. Follow those tunnels through, they lead to the other sections.

The UI.map has an overview map that shows all the areas right before you start the game. Right now the Bridge/Cityscape and Hangman's Tomb area are unpopulated.

Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:56 PM

S12Spark

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 08:29 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

That file IIRC is to allow the EAX option to be enabled and emulated. Not sure if it might just be your PC or if that's something I'd need to remove from future releases. Can anyone else let me know if they faced the same issue?

It's an open world firefight map that will eventually include sub-missions that unlock upgraded weapons or vehicles. You only saw the outskirts area, there's actually 2 more BSP sections. Follow those tunnels through, they lead to the other sections.

The UI.map has an overview map that shows all the areas right before you start the game. Right now the Bridge/Cityscape and Hangman's Tomb area are unpopulated.

Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:56 PM

That's actually really cool. Looking forward to the progression of the map. Good job!

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 01:57 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
My thoughts

The Marines driving is Hilarius. Female Marines don't sound very female. the Menu's "load Game" crashes the game, the mouse cursor is unpleasant & the Credit's to the Settings! Easy is Noble difficulty i think. The purple weapon with the stats on the right in multi colors doesn't shoot. I do like the thought of a much more open world feeling firefight & am looking foreword to see how it progresses. We seen lots of innovation in the FPS gameplay but less in the Menu's, your "gun rack" is cool & your Menu is Yelo based, which is interesting. ShadowMods team has been making some cool UI's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMepaspVWvY) & i hope to see more end to end thought going in the projects, too many neglect the menus if you ask me.

That 'EAX Enabler' has caused no audio for many, SPV3 includes it but i'm not sure what PC configuration is incompatible, Every one should remove it anyway as there is a better way to get Environmental Sound called "DSOAL" i even called for a vote if you don't trust me https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7471-open-source-eax-emulation-dsoal-better-then-creatives-alchemy/, so to remove that old version of Creative's ALchemy delete dsound.dll (& dsound.ini for good measure) & go to https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-ce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-141118/ then search for "11. Enable EAX Effects using DSOAL" & grab a build(as i don't know the difference's the latest should do) & extract that in FOM. although i'm not sure it will make much of a difference with such an open map but that not the point, it's doing are best that matters.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 08:26 PM    Msg. 12 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
My thoughts

The Marines driving is Hilarius. Female Marines don't sound very female. the Menu's "load Game" crashes the game, the mouse cursor is unpleasant & the Credit's to the Settings! Easy is Noble difficulty i think. The purple weapon with the stats on the right in multi colors doesn't shoot. I do like the thought of a much more open world feeling firefight & am looking foreword to see how it progresses. We seen lots of innovation in the FPS gameplay but less in the Menu's, your "gun rack" is cool & your Menu is Yelo based, which is interesting. ShadowMods team has been making some cool UI's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMepaspVWvY) & i hope to see more end to end thought going in the projects, too many neglect the menus if you ask me.

Yeah game saving and loading is still in infancy. The Load_game uses core_loads, if you haven't done a core_save yet it will 100% crash. Since I decided to do it's own directory, core saving/loading won't be needed anymore, so that'll be removed from the code going forward. Credits will be a custom screen I haven't implemented yet. The UI needed to be a .yelo only due to filesize restrictions. The BSP it uses is huge and uses 2-3 times as many shaders. It'll benefit once I get DLMs rendered, but that's not until I'm finished with the BSPs and shaders anyway.

Also, even selecting new game right now, if you choose the same difficulty it'll reload the old save.

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
That 'EAX Enabler' has caused no audio for many, SPV3 includes it but i'm not sure what PC configuration is incompatible, Every one should remove it anyway as there is a better way to get Environmental Sound called "DSOAL" i even called for a vote if you don't trust me https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7471-open-source-eax-emulation-dsoal-better-then-creatives-alchemy/, so to remove that old version of Creative's ALchemy delete dsound.dll (& dsound.ini for good measure) & go to https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-ce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-141118/ then search for "11. Enable EAX Effects using DSOAL" & grab a build(as i don't know the difference's the latest should do) & extract that in FOM. although i'm not sure it will make much of a difference with such an open map but that not the point, it's doing are best that matters.

Sure, I'll add that to future releases. Thanks for the tip. But yeah, as far as utility I don't even have sound profiles setup for any of the BSPs yet, let alone specifying interior/exterior areas. I will eventually, but any add-ons shouldn't do anything beneficial for now AFAIK.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 09:56 PM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Bump for potential updates

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 02:26 AM    Msg. 14 of 16       
Any plans for making external utilities (such as flycam) useable with Fall of Mombasa? Sometimes I just like to sit back and watch the carnage.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 03:01 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bottletopman
Any plans for making external utilities (such as flycam) useable with Fall of Mombasa? Sometimes I just like to sit back and watch the carnage.

Open the game and hit the ~ button, which will bring up the console menu. This button is to the left of 1, and above Left Tab. In the console menu type the following commands, one at a time, hitting enter after each command;

debug_camera_save

debug_camera_load

The first will save your current position for the camera, the second will load the camera itself. Hold in the middle mouse button to activate the camera's controls, and use WSAD and the mouse to move it. While not holding the middle mouse button, you still control your player. Additionally, you can still be attacked and killed, so find somewhere safe or use

cheat_deathless_player

to make sure you don't get offed by a roaming grunt.

When you're ready to go back to playing, type

camera_control false

Outside of that, any utilities that work for 1.10 Halo should technically work here unless OSv4 interferes. Unfortunately, many programs were designed for the long-lived 1.09 update and no longer work. No plans for any external software to work alongside the game.

Bottletopman

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 03:30 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Oh wow, didn't even know the debug cam could be moved - thought the movement controls were a HAC 2 thing.

Are the warthog sounds able to be changed? The model is great but it sounds like a tractor lol. Not sure if anyone's managed to extract and implement Halo 3/Reach's warthog engine sounds but I feel those are the best in the entire series, although that's just my opinion. The gatling gun could also use some work, sounds like the Halo 2 one (in fact, I think in Halo 2 most of the vehicle mounted machine guns were missing a bass layer so they sounded almost like pea shooters) with someone banging on some metal corrugated roof. H3 ODST's sounds were great as well - I remember Bungie mentioning that they reworked most of the weapon audio from Halo 3, adding extra layers on top of the gunshots to give them more impact. I still remember the difference between the H3 AR and ODST AR, and especially the Carbine...pretty sure Bungie also said that the ODST carbine sound is how it should've been in Halo 3.
Edited by Bottletopman on Apr 3, 2019 at 03:31 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 3:03 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website