I've never posted with formatting on this site, please forgive any errors.Vuthakral's Tagset
I'll be keeping this OP mostly clean text-only information, as I'm mostly making this thread as a way to post updates/progress, ask for opinions, etc. I have a "main post" which will fully detail everything about my tagset, it's goals, design, etc over on OpenCarnage. https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7340-vuthakrals-tagset/ What is it?
My tagset, which I just call "VTS" for short, is a complete set of weapons, vehicles, and bipeds intended for multiplayer use. There's nothing stopping you from using anything here in singleplayer though, obviously.What's different about this from every other tagset most people make?
My goal with my tagset is to create an experience that feels a bit different to normal Halo Custom Edition, by taking some elements and ideas of later Halo games, and implementing them in a way that complements how Halo Custom Edition actually plays, instead of just shoving it into the engine without consideration of how it will affect the gameplay. Pictures/videos can be found in the OP of the OpenCarnage thread linked above.
(This is because I can't quite find any sort of embedded image cropping in this formatting system, sorry.)Bipeds
- Fully set up Halo 3 animation setup with all weapon & vehicle animation sets setup and ready to use out of the box
- AbiSV's incredibly well-made "Halo 3 Anniversary Master Chief" model
- See above about animation setups
- New modelWeapons
- Assault Rifle
- BR55HB Battle Rifle
- M7T (M7 Tactical) SMG
- M6G Magnum
- SRS99D-AM Sniper Rifle
- M90A Shotgun
- SPNKr Rocket Launcher
- Plasma Rifle
- Plasma Pistol
- Covenant Carbine
- Heretic Carbine
- Needle Rifle
- Beam Rifle
- Fuel RodVehicles
- MG Warthog
- Gauss Warthog
- Troop Transport Warthog
- Heavy Shade Turret
- Mortar Wraith
- Scorpion TankThings which havent quite made the cut in development which might come back into play later
- Covenant grenade launcher type weapon (Effective, but boring to use, and not fun to fight against.)
- AA Wraith (It's usage is too specific)
- Chopper (CE's netcode.)
- Multiple variants of assault rifles (The inclusion of a scoped SMG makes these redundant.)A few included files which tag/map makers might find helpful
I've also been keeping a sort of "documentation" as I work on and create my tagset to make it less of a hassle for people downloading it to learn all it's terminology, number indexes, etc. These include (and are currently subject to change):
- All of the animation prefixes in every biped included with VTS (As well as listing what type they are. E.g. rifle, pistol, support high/low, etc). This includes vehicle animation definitions, etc.
- List of all the markers on the models (just to save you time of manually opening and going through the gbxmodel)
- hud_item_messages & hud_icon_messages string index numbers
(Also just noting here, there are strings for things I have no plan to include in my tagset. I just did this to save people work of editing my strings.)
- Includes a list of number indexes for the weapon reticles.
- Marker list for every weapon model that has more markers than flashlight/triggers.
- How to set up the zoom levels/binoculars if you want to re-enable them for offline usage. (Seriously, don't use these online. The firing descope won't sync. I've tried everything.)
This documentation will likely be converted to an html setup with visuals when the project is finished.