A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Reach 2! Winterstruct Official Thread

Author Topic: Halo Reach 2! Winterstruct Official Thread (26 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Pabeung

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 09:44 AM    Msg. 1 of 26       
Shoutout to all of my rednecks and brown trash out there as I present you the reborn and revamped of my 2015 (originally pitched in 2008) Winterstruct. The general plot hasn't be changed but expanded instead with a few twists and It will no longer be a one map deal but expanded to a new campaign with multiple levels that I can't tell how many right now and this time I'm actually gonna do it after multiple annoucements and stripped concepts. I've been planning for this for years since I got into the modding and my idea for this keeps expanding from getting inspired by Halo games, novels, and all that nerd crap. I'm keeping away from making this part of canon as I don't want constraints and barriers from my awesome ideas and none of this will make sense and just for the fun of creativity.

The story of the first level
- This take place in a unknown planet near the Ark. Part of the planet was a campsite to a new smaller Covenant faction, The Retardist, a small group of covenant's forces who was fomerly part of Thel' Vadam's fleet who separated before the great schism and their goal was to take and own the forerunner articles for themselves and hid themselves outside the milky way and set camp to the unknown planet. The Retardist found an forerunner artifact in the unknown planet they were residing but couldn't decrypt what it was really used and guarded it. The UNSC ship The Bielever Of Atom passed by the planet and knew about the artifact they were guarding and sent 7 squads which included engineers, scientist and technicians to establish a research facility near the artifact. Unaware of the residing Covenant not in peace with humanity, they were attacked and killed and some of the survivors hidden themselves and the one enginner was spared and held captive to use her and make them help decrpyting the artifact. One bad ass spartan was sent to finish the job. The rest will be kept secret and will be told in the other levels.

The new weapon sandbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmKEohxNlDQ&feature=youtu.be

Credits for the content used for the project
Teh Lag - Animations and tag reference
Elote - Scripting help and halo online
CtrlAltDestroy - Tag reference and tools
ODX - Animations
ImBrokeRU - Animations
Gamma927 - Animations
Rodildo - Particles
Ifafudafi - Particles and tag reference
h3freak/Lavadeeto - HUD reference
Arteen - BSP
Gravemind - Encouraging me to rip with adjutant
Giraffe - I don't know I just like him
darkc0de - DarkToolKit
Kirby422 - Tag reference and tools and he is fat
Final444h - Scripts
Unknown Brown Trash - Animations

Gameplay Demo of Winterstruct right here
https://youtu.be/3lqv9w1kjRs

Join my discord
https://discord.gg/wXrPg4p

Edited by Pabeung on Jan 1, 2019 at 09:25 AM

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 01:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 26       
0/10 for misspelling my name in your level.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 08:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 26       
Looks interesting, I really like the light bridge, I do have to say though, it currently looks a bit empty and the art isn't really consistent, it's still WIP and you might improve it a lot before releasing the project but there's a lot that can be added/improved to make this a really amazing campaign

Elote

oify

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 09:25 AM    Msg. 4 of 26       
love the needle rifle keep it up

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 08:26 AM    Msg. 5 of 26       
I've buffed the needle rifle and restored it's normal firing behavior reduced the projectile error because I made it useless af but my reason why I did it in the first place is to make the carbine more superior having more versatility on the weapon sandbox. The first level was suppose to make skirmishers and the needle rifle below jackals and carbines and make them look more superior but elote is such a pain in the ass.

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 08:31 PM    Msg. 6 of 26       
bump

Elote

oify

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 09:02 PM    Msg. 7 of 26       
halo reach 2 noble six lives?

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 11:38 PM    Msg. 8 of 26       
Yes for small stuff I'm bring back the Halo 1 pistol's behavior with slight edits because I don't want it to be entirely useless.

https://youtu.be/EDrDTv4rlGo

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 11:42 PM    Msg. 9 of 26       
tbh that looks pretty cool under the h1 bones
bump

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 04:30 AM    Msg. 10 of 26       

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 02:03 AM    Msg. 11 of 26       
bump

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 03:22 AM    Msg. 12 of 26       
More updates on the level, I don't wanna do anything that already exists so I'm gonna recycle stuff. Huge WIP this is just to show off the concept and the encounters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5R-HAj9OM&feature=youtu.be

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 03:27 AM    Msg. 13 of 26       
bump

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 07:58 AM    Msg. 14 of 26       

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 08:56 AM    Msg. 15 of 26       
I don't know if it's inside your scope, but I think it would benefit you greatly if you made your own BSP's for this campaign. There's only so much you can do with altering MP maps for SP usage and re-using existing campaign BSP's will quickly make the game feel repetitive. Also, I think you'll be able to create a more coherent visual representation if you had full control over tags, scenery, and BSP's.

But otherwise it looks really nice, kinda get reach vibes from the new covenant scenery's lighting

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 12:33 PM    Msg. 16 of 26       
If you actually watch the videos I'm posting and reading the things I've been typing instead of just jumping on conclusions on the screenshots you wouldn't be advising me basic crap that I could easily do. What I'm trying to show off is the concept of the campaign I want to achieve and the weapon and encounter design and other gameplay elements.

And stop lowkey trying to diss me low tier kids while kissing ass over hot garbage like Takedown or what ever they are posting nowadays. Stop being stuck up low tier kids just because I hurt feelings cause I'm honest when I see something wrong or see through garbage.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 06:32 PM    Msg. 17 of 26       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
If you actually watch the videos I'm posting and reading the things I've been typing instead of just jumping on conclusions on the screenshots you wouldn't be advising me basic crap that I could easily do. What I'm trying to show off is the concept of the campaign I want to achieve and the weapon and encounter design and other gameplay elements.

And stop lowkey trying to diss me low tier kids while kissing ass over hot garbage like Takedown or what ever they are posting nowadays. Stop being stuck up low tier kids just because I hurt feelings cause I'm honest when I see something wrong or see through garbage.

I think the problem is that you're such a pathetic twat. Since you get banned every 3-4 posts and then make a new account, we can't keep up with whatever username you're currently using. I'd advise you either;

A. Stop being an edge-lord tween and grow up

OR

B. Accept your ban and stop posting here

Or I mean, you could just continue being a pathetic twat. I'm not going to list that as a choice though, because only edge-lord tweens would view that as a positive decision.

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 05:24 AM    Msg. 18 of 26       
Who the fok is this guy? I got like a bunch of nobody low tier kids that I don't even know calling me out I don't know if they just want publicity using my name or what but please do bump again I need to post my god work.

Anyways for more updates on the subject I've made I'm planning each level to last within an hour or more and cover up like 30% percent of the story so it would just be less than 5 or 6. I've been playing a lot of the classic Halo 1 levels and I'm kinda planning restoring H1 stuff like the pistol and shotgun because why not.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 09:07 AM    Msg. 19 of 26       
Oooooh is this that Halo god Alteros of whatever the hell it was who was making those really shiny Halo3/Reach mods?

Halo 3 Pelican, subscribe.

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 7, 2019 at 09:09 AM

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 07:45 PM    Msg. 20 of 26       
please continue the flame war. very entertaining

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 09:17 AM    Msg. 21 of 26       
I'm kinda keeping a50's ship interior BSP because why n0t!?
https://youtu.be/kSXyoOHGAXo

Sargent 0

Sub to my channel

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 02:23 PM    Msg. 22 of 26       
bump

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 01:42 AM    Msg. 23 of 26       
I am bipolar and I don't really know what I'm gonna do since nick has been intriguing me to this Halo 1.5 thing which I'm falling for so I'm gonna use a Halo 1.5 style tagset instead of the Reach prototype tagset I've made for Winterstruct but before I do a quick change I'm gonna release a demo using the current tagset and along with other maps modded that using my tags. By Halo 1.5 for me is a more updated Halo 1 content making it blend with Halo 2 content and yeah. These were from last year when I was experimenting on Halo 1 tags.

Edited by Pabeung on Jan 16, 2019 at 01:42 AM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 06:36 PM    Msg. 24 of 26       
Halo 1.5 'tags' are as close to vanilla lore friendly tags as you can get. Awesome.

Quick question though Thros, did your mod require OS? Or is it all just OG?

Pabeung

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 06:18 AM    Msg. 25 of 26       
I assume everyone knows mods that require on don't require OS and It's pretty obvious to tell. As you could see all the normal mapping and specular lighting and other features like VISR and etc that I've shown are all done because of Open Sauce and I've released a few mods that require Open Sauce.

In my case of Halo 1.5 is blending Halo 1 and Halo 2 together and still expanding the weapon sandbox which is better than Nick's version of Halo 1.5 that uses the same old boring H1 weapon sandbox over and over against new encounters.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 02:03 AM    Msg. 26 of 26       
Ok then. Well cool stuff as always.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 21, 2019 10:21 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website