A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Adding Shields to Bipeds

Author Topic: Adding Shields to Bipeds (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 12:00 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
How do I add cyborg/elite shields to custom bipeds and characters, such as grunts? Is this in the bipd tag or somewhere else?

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 01:33 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
its in your collision model

Your collision model should be referenced in your biped if you can't find it.

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 01:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Thanks a lot!

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 01:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
I tried doing this but after you give the biped a shield you cannot seem to damage it.

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 06:06 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
I tried doing this but after you give the biped a shield you cannot seem to damage it.

That's because you gave them a shield.

No but seriously it's because only doing the above doesn't give the shield effect that is displayed by the Cyborg, Sentinel and Elite bipeds. There's a separate effect that is attached to a function that is attached to shield health. I think you have to inverse the function's gain, or it's setting it to one or something like that. Compare the elite and mimic their function/effect connections. You might also need to attach one for shield regeneration, that's probably a separate function/effect setup.

Otherwise, you get a character that has 100 shield and 100 health. When you damage his shield he recoils in pain but nothing happens. Not even blood. Then his shield regenerates, but nothing is visible to the player.

Functions are fantastic by the way, they let you do some really fun things with the tags. You see a lot of basic stuff like a weapon's display changing color with heat or ammo. You can change a biped's colors to fluctuate in rhythm, to give them shimmering armor colors for example. You can tie the elite's armor color to their shield health, giving the player's a strong representation of damage. I used a custom multipurpose map with a random function to add eerie, orange glowing sections that pulsed randomly to flood bipeds. Lot's of cool visual stuff can be accomplished or tied into game data using functions if you get creative.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 12:57 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website