A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox]

Author Topic: Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 02:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
As it currently stands this is an Xbox exclusive, but in some time a PC/CE version may be released also. Until then if you have an Xbox you can play this.

HALO: COVENANT EDITION

Play as a grunt in Halo campaign - fight marines alongside your covenant allies.

Features:
-play as a grunt on Covenant team
-spawn with covenant encounters
-fight against marines
-fight with allies
-can use all weapons and vehicles
-uses player walking physics
-player has shields
-press white to say a taunt
-new cutscenes and intro
-Easter eggs
-new colours for grunts
-respawning enemies
-new battles and encounters
-see covenant in idle state and explore

This map pack radically changes the dynamic of Halo's campaign. You will spawn as a grunt among your allies and make your way through what is now allied territory to seek battle. You fight marines and flood along-side your covenant allies. There are less battles but the battles that are there are much bigger and can theoretically last hours. Marines use different weapons and tactics which make for interesting fights. Each level should be beatable but you must meet a condition, i.e. defeat all enemies, hit a switch, or reach the end of a timer. For example, to beat a50 you need to kill Captain Keyes and wait.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OAuLze9PYgbWcXUTpuGe_RQ9_U5ew8cD

VIDEO DEMO: https://youtu.be/EPw2DCalI-M

Credits:
-SPARTAN04 for grunt_mp tags

Tools used:
-Arsenic
-Eschaton
-HHT
-HMT v3.5
-HEK
-MEK [Refinery]

Thanks to Microsoft and Bungie for Halo

Please like and comment if you play this

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 06:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Marines as enemies simply don't work because of the fact that the weapons are hitscan which makes it impossible to dodge with AI

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 07:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
This mod is meant to be very difficult

lolslayer

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 05:26 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Difficult is not the same as fun, it should be challenging but fair, and fighting enemies with hitscan weapons isn't really fair in Halo CE's context. It can be done (see COD), but CE isn't built for this

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 06:37 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Could you explain to me what is hitscan? How could I implement something else?

Also an update is planned which may feature more health to reduce the stagger effect, plus other content based on input from the community.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 07:35 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: KasperZERO
Could you explain to me what is hitscan? How could I implement something else?

Also an update is planned which may feature more health to reduce the stagger effect, plus other content based on input from the community.

Halo CE does not have any true hitscan weapon. What they do have is extremely fast projectiles.

Hitscan means when you pull the trigger there is no actual bullet that travels. Anything in the line of sight after compensating for weapon error will instantly take damage.

Think the sniper rifle; you pull the trigger the guy gets hit. Same with an AR, you pull the trigger, guy gets hit with bullets.

Plasma weapons move slowly, this gives the player time to see them, duck behind cover, move around them, etc. This is not true with the human weapons. So when you reverse roles, you have to counteract this change in gameplay with a fundamental shift in the underlying data. More health is a good starter. Faster plasma projectiles would help make your own weapons more effective, especially at range.

But the issue you'll face is Halo is designed for shields. You take damage, you hide and heal, you repeat. That's what Halo is. Like lolslayer said, Call of Duty works with that formula, but it's a different game. I'd look into replacing the grunt's health with a shield, so that they take damage they can recover from. Even CoD's campaigns do this, as it's needed to keep the player alive. It sucks when you die quickly from an enemy you didn't even see. Is it realistic? Yes, War is hell. But I'm playing a video game.

KasperZERO

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 02:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Thank you for the reply DeadHamster! Your comments have been noted and I will try to implement your ideas.

lolslayer

Posted: Jan 27, 2019 06:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
I couldn't have said it any better

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 21, 2019 6:00 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website