A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Lightmap Generation Issue- Too bright or looking off

Author Topic: Lightmap Generation Issue- Too bright or looking off (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 10:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Sorry to post, I don't like posting here sometimes when there are other threads awaiting an answer as this community is quite small now. Anyway...

In Sapien, when I generate a lightmap on an existing level it will all get messed up. Some previously dark sections would be lit up when they shouldn't. It's kind of annoying when editing an existing level and you're trying to remove shadows from objects that are no longer there or more or less light sources etc.

What's the go with that?

JadeMcLain

Moved to JadeUndead

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 12:20 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 06:39 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Yep, every time. I go into Sapien and enter: radiosity_quality 1

On any base game scenario it will ruin the lighting. Darkened sections will become so bright and many areas would get dark patches.

EDIT: In the Problem/error section I think I'm having the last issue on the list. Unless the default tags are screwed up and cause that, I dunno. I'll run some more tests but hopefully someone will figure this out, unless I do, I will edit this post with a 'solved'.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 21, 2019 at 06:51 PM

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 09:44 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I think the maps were lit using different skyboxes.

You can also light maps using tool so that you can use your computer while doing so.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jan 21, 2019 at 09:46 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 05:22 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Oooooh so if I just fiddle with different skies maybe I can find one that doesn't destroy my map?

I heard Tool could do it, I was just a little confused because I read a thread here years ago with people debating that one is better than the other.

Thanks for the assistance people.

SBB M. are you working on anything? I'm bored and want to know if anyone is making new levels or tags.

Apart from my stupid lighting being stuffed, I actually have a fully functioning mission from start to finish, all scripted. Also thanks to you and Hamster from a while ago. Wouldn't have done it without you guys.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 22, 2019 at 05:24 AM

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 01:07 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
I sent you a PM.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 18, 2019 10:37 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website