A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Process of editing pre-existing vehicle models- quick question

Author Topic: Process of editing pre-existing vehicle models- quick question (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 05:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Say you want to edit a warthog model, simply chop a turret off for example. I assume you would have to literally redo the collision model (I know, like scenery this part is a REAL pain in the ass) and even re-animate it?

In the past I DID try to make a turretless warthog, I know I know, there is already one BUT its just one that hides the turret with the cryo glass shader and the turret collision is still there. Just thought I'd make a proper scout hog variant...

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 06:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Yes you need to create a new collision and new physics for it too but no need to re-animate it as long as you keep the original nodes and no need to delete the nodes for the turret too so It's still compatible for the warthog's animations. I think Banshee did a collision model importer but I don't know if he released it or not but you can use that to also import the warthog collision and just edit it and for the physics I think someone did a tutorial on how to edit physics I think someone did a tutorial I forgot who but I think it was giraffe just search for it It's in youtube somewhere.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 07:57 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Cheers dude.

With the collisions, its a long pain in the ass way but what I do is after I finish the model, I save it as a new scene and bridge/weld as many vertices (red triangles) without deforming anything of course and keep using Tool until it creates the collision. Wish there was an easier way but it works.

To think the damn thing could just use the warthog physics...

JadeMcLain

Moved to JadeUndead

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 08:19 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Mo's Editing Kit has a tool for converting collision models into gbx models which you can then import. Saved me a bunch of time.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 09:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain
Mo's Editing Kit has a tool for converting collision models into gbx models which you can then import. Saved me a bunch of time.

HOW DO I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS. I just spent the last month trying to reverse engineer stock collision models...

After testing it out, turns out I did a pretty great job on mines but I still don't understand how the game determines when to play hard ping animations.
Edited by The Gravemind on Feb 6, 2019 at 09:53 PM

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 07:39 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain

HOW DO I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS. I just spent the last month trying to reverse engineer stock collision models...

After testing it out, turns out I did a pretty great job on mines but I still don't understand how the game determines when to play hard ping animations.
Edited by The Gravemind on Feb 6, 2019 at 09:53 PM

That's controlled by the biped tag, you should find a section like "hard ping threshold" or something like that

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 22, 2019 9:03 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website