A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Universal UI Mod

Author Topic: Universal UI Mod (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 05:25 AM    Msg. 1 of 15       
Hey, anyone working on an update to the universal UI mod. The old one is getting, well old. I tried doing it myself a while back but its a little beyond my expertise.

Kal_El

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 08:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Hey, anyone working on an update to the universal UI mod. The old one is getting, well old. I tried doing it myself a while back but its a little beyond my expertise.

https://hceworkshop.shadowmods.net/en/hceaui

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3/CMT and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 11:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 15       
Sled, JerryBrick, sbdJazz and I (MrChromed) have been working in a future update for the UUI. This could be considered "unofficial", since none of the original developers are on this project, but we're doing our best to bring up a nice update. Jazz is currently occupied working for the SPv3 project, while Sled, JerryBrick and I were working in the "Halo: Custom Edition Anniversary UI" project (the project that Kal El posted above). Greetings

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 07:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
This is exactly what I tried. I was also getting tags and a PDF ready so people could continue adding more maps themselves.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE do that. Then we can all just add maps over time and never have to ask for updates.

Hell the BEST thing I LOVED doing was taking screenshots for the UI. Although I gave up, those screenshots? My god that was a blast for me...

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 04:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Kal_El, The ShadowMods UI you linked does not have the same goals as the UUI(to be Universal) & as such the feature set is not a replacement for the UUI.

"Halo: Custom Edition Anniversary UI" is a user interface project for Halo Custom Edition that seeks to replicate the style / aspect of its 2011 remastering for Xbox 360"

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Menu Walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxAzQv5p0A

I'm still dreaming of an update my self, hopefully with some new back round improvements like ShadowMods was done.

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 04:40 PM    Msg. 6 of 15       
lol if people are really this desperate for a new UUI I'll make an update for you guys. It's really easy to do.

Giro

someguy

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 10:45 AM    Msg. 7 of 15       
I want a new universal UI update as well.

One thing that needs to be considered is some kind of script for the Universal UI if it is loaded as a single player map (a well-intended mistake a few modders such as Jobalisk made), perhaps make it immediately load A10 when the ui is loaded as a single player map.

Since it is a UI, try to only put in maps that don't force users to use consol (making the Universal UI redundant) at the end to quit the map and are clearly finished (remove Mountain King from the UI since it only has 2 waves of enemies and the last few that spawn do not move, as well as the difficulty not mattering at all and not having any in-map/pause menu mission briefing). Remove 2 Maps from UUI Recap: remove Mountain King. Keep CMT SPV3 on the UI but only up to Assault on the Control Room, as only SPV3.0 is compatible with Open Sauce alone.

Must have maps for a Universal UI update (I have tested of all these maps, they are in a finished state and usually load a10 at the end or have a clear ending that allow you to hit pause and quit at the end):

Campaign maps to add:
The Deimos Incident (innie) by UnevenElefant5 (currently downloadable through haloanticheat2 map database)
Designation Wintersmith by Jobalisk (make sure the Universal UI itself will load a10/kick you back to the main menu when the UI is accidentally loaded as a single player map)
Halo Night Horror Episode 1 AND 2 by EmmanuelCd (hnh-ep2 should be in the next batch of uploads to HaloCE3)
nspm.map by knightofroses
ODST Ops (g10.yelo) by potterhalo
Omega Campaign by Hiralis
Operation PurgePoint by rcghalohell (currently planned to have 16 maps; includes a prequel battlesidegulch_sp, contact rcghalohell for future maps)
planet_flood_a.map by Halonimator (NOTE: only part A & Egypt have no issues for Halonimator maps)
Planet Flood Egypt by Halonimator
project subterfuge by Gamma927 & ODX
road1va by YellowishAxis4
salisp by DSalimander
Spleen (horror.map) by NP Final (place in Noble Power Mapping Team section)
winterstruct_demo by Altheros (should be in the next batch of uploads to Halo CE3)

Firefight:
a30-firefight.yelo by potterhalo
Nebulaphobia_A by RangerDanger ( NOTE: do not remove the original, as there are entirely different encounters/ai/vehicles in A as well as a difficulty difference)
Outpost-firefightv2 by EmmanuelCD
overkill.map by Don't Cuss (or campaign ???)
survival-canyon by Juiceb0xhero
Edited by Giro on Apr 23, 2019 at 06:23 PM

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 03:10 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
would save me the trouble of consoling 2 commands for my op campaign lol 16 levels is alot for me to memorize in mapnames

Giro

someguy

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 11:44 AM    Msg. 9 of 15       
Since New Mombasa Beta requires SPV3 extensions, and SPV3 is going to have Firefight maps around June to August, the Universal UI should probably need to be delayed and made for a SPV3 installation. It would greatly benefit and expose new users to new single player experiences if SPV3 team worked on a Universal UI.
Edited by Giro on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 01:13 AM    Msg. 10 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Giro

Since New Mombasa Beta requires SPV3 extensions, and SPV3 is going to have Firefight maps around June to August, the Universal UI should probably need to be delayed and made for a SPV3 installation. It would greatly benefit and expose new users to new single player experiences if SPV3 team worked on a Universal UI.
Edited by Giro on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM

We won't be supporting the UUI or integrating the maps into it. In fact, we have safeguards to prevent people from loading SPV3 outside of the SPV3 folder. SPV3 requires custom extensions that are best not mixed with other content.

Giro

someguy

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 05:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

SPV3 requires custom extensions that are best not mixed with other content.

Good point, I still think Deadhamster's New Mombasa Beta map should be added to the SPV3 UI since the map uses the same extensions.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 05:58 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       
It uses a different set of data resources.

sbdjazz

-MISSING IN ACTION-

Posted: May 1, 2019 02:47 AM    Msg. 13 of 15       
SPV3 UI won't include any other maps other than the SPV3 ones. UUIv2 won't include any SPV3 maps. SPV3 has some technical restrictions this time, its not fully usable with other installations. Even if someone used UUIv1.1, SPV3 maps may still not boot. The reason I am removing spv3 from uui is, the option's gonna be useless anyway.

BioGoji1989

Professional Idiot

Posted: May 1, 2019 01:51 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz
SPV3 UI won't include any other maps other than the SPV3 ones. UUIv2 won't include any SPV3 maps. SPV3 has some technical restrictions this time, its not fully usable with other installations. Even if someone used UUIv1.1, SPV3 maps may still not boot. The reason I am removing spv3 from uui is, the option's gonna be useless anyway.

Out of curiosity, is there a time frame for the release of UUIv2?

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: May 2, 2019 10:17 PM    Msg. 15 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
16 levels is alot for me to memorize in mapnames

Use sequences. Letters A through P gives 16. You could number them.
Edited by sparky on May 2, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue May 21, 2019 5:47 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website