A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »An Apology to Michelle

Author Topic: An Apology to Michelle (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

unggoy_major

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 10:46 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
So. I'll make this concise and brief. And for the benefit of those who were involved, I offer my apologies for being so immature and stupid. Days ago, not sure exactly when, I was screwing around in Discord squandering time, cause I was bored, and went into one of the discord servers for Halo CE modding support, forgot the name sorry. I sent a message in #general after I was, if I remember correctly, amazed by some picture of a photo of an animal or something sent by the user. Then, if you look through the history, I commented 'Unggoy x Michelle' for "fun", and later feigning surprise when I found out that Michelle was actually a female, and not a male, typing some stupid thing, which I forgot. At the time, the user Michelle wasn't online but one of the moderators, replied telling me to knock it off, and that it wasn't funny. Realizing how badly I *bleeped* up I left the server immediately.

Now as a warning, and an admonition to others who may read this, whatever you say on the Internet stays there, no matter how hard you try to erase it. Social networking sites, dating apps, etc. you name it. I didn't think before I spoke and that resulted in an erroneous comment on someone else's gender, that had nothing to do with the animal picture. I don't know if the moderator later told Michelle, or she found out but the damage lasts. I have offended someone, a human being, living somewhere else in the world, I know I wouldn't have to courage to say the same thing in front of them.

I want to apologize to Michelle, and others in that Discord who had to tolerate this type of behavior from me, and I find it totally acceptable if not forgiven, because at my age, going into adulthood, requires some sense of responsibility for what I do, knowing that my parents cannot simply chastise me if I go on to offend others. Repercussions are swift, and in this case they were damaging and lasting. I cannot fathom the discomfort or pain I caused for others, and also to Michelle, but I hope that my apology may partially heal the open wound.

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 11:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
I guess there are still nice people in the internet but not bust your bubble but you are asking forgiveness from a fat white boy trying to be a girl.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 12:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Hey there, I was the moderator that asked you to stop. Transphobia is one of several pretty blatant forms of bigotry I've seen run rampant in the Halo CE community (and gaming in general, really -- just look at the post above mine), and I wanted to make it crystal clear that none of it will be tolerated in our server.

To be clear, it was only a warning. We don't have any hard feelings towards you, and you're welcome to come back whenever you'd like.

Tachikoma

Mobile Suit enthusiast

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 12:44 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
@OP

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 12:54 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
I mean you're not the first to do that based off of assumptions alone. If you felt sorry for doing this you could have just PMed me. You just kinda disappeared without warning.

What Mia said though, that is a real issue. I might not be hurt, but it's still something we can't tolerate people purposefully doing.

I will send you an invite.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 06:47 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Ahhhh... Females in a gaming/modding community... Where I'm from, they don't know what those two words mean OR if they do and find out you're associated with such a community, you're viewed as someone lesser than a human.

Here's a funny story from my high school days to try and bring some fun into a somewhat difficult and damaged emotions post. An old female friend of mine decided to have nothing to do with me and thought all my shortcomings were caused by what she thought that I was some kind of 'nerd' (or her words: "weirdo") who had 'nothing better to do in his life'. 2 years later, she's banging my best friend and turned into a total League of Legends nerd, playing with ACTUAL nerds.

Xbox and modding in my free time as a hobby VS REAL League of Legends nerds? And I'm the weirdo... Pfft... She must have been on some good powder, pills or smoke...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 23, 2019 at 06:49 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 9:15 PM 109 ms.
A Halo Maps Website