A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC (55 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Lateksi

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 09:02 AM    Msg. 36 of 55       
I hope it has some form of HEK. Otherwise it's just Halo PC with no warping.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 05:22 AM    Msg. 37 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
i had pretty much quit halo ce due to being burnt out. this news got me to log back in with everyone and celebrate. this community was a big part of my teen years, helped me though some hard times.

I'm excited for the future and to see what we will continue to create!
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/523581535551488000/555842423037755392/Halo_Ce_Mental_Screenshot_2019.03.14_-_12.29.06.37.png?width=1248&height=702
i feel the same.

i got burnt out and i stop playing halo ce, and modding it,

with mcc plus reach, it would be a better way to port things over to halo ce

or ever port the new net code over
Edited by DOOM899 on Mar 16, 2019 at 05:23 AM

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 03:09 PM    Msg. 38 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
I hope it has some form of HEK. Otherwise it's just Halo PC with no warping.

Since the games are being released individually, I could see HEK for Halo 1 Anniversary being released alongside it. It runs on the same, albeit slightly updated blam!.

Halo 2 and onwards I doubt there would be a mod kit released.
Edited by The Barron on Mar 16, 2019 at 03:10 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 11:32 PM    Msg. 39 of 55       
Well since the MCC version of Halo 2 is a modified version of the Vista port, I highly doubt there would be any major changes to the map structure or the tools. At best, we would get the full HEK without 99% of the function branches being nulled out before compilation.

As far as content creation goes in regards to Hamsters comment... don't see your logic or point? To actually state that there are no content creators in the CE or H2V community who could create good content for the other engine variations is just pressumption. I've been squeezing in quality content into H2V for the better part of 10 years...and the one thing that stops half my maps is the engines inability to handle larger poly count objects and extreme detail.

I would kill to have an HEK for Reach. In fact, Reach is really the only item in the MCC that I even want. Y'all can keep CE, 2, 3 and 4...give me Reach!

Avoozl

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 03:15 AM    Msg. 40 of 55       
I only wish they'd release the games on GoG. All I really want is Halo 3 to complete the first trilogy of games, I kind of got my wish but in a bitter sweat kind of way since it's not on the platform I want.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 10:45 AM    Msg. 41 of 55       
Would be funny if we saw each other while playing MCC.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 12:57 PM    Msg. 42 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Each game will be released one after the other, and each game must be individually purchased.

No talk of custom content being available.

Nice try Microsoft, you're still not getting me on Windows 10. That was close though, real close.

They just announced that the game will be available for Windows 7

Also they are working on trying to add official modding tools sometime after launch (and are working with some community members, including people on the ElDewrito team)

Igotaname13_

Igotaname13 Steam

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 02:39 PM    Msg. 43 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Each game will be released one after the other, and each game must be individually purchased.

No talk of custom content being available.

Nice try Microsoft, you're still not getting me on Windows 10. That was close though, real close.

Also they are working on trying to add official modding tools sometime after launch (and are working with some community members, including people on the ElDewrito team)

proof, but we've been lied to before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/ Full thread for any dork that wants to read their replies. Halo mods are back on the menu.
Edited by Igotaname13_ on Mar 19, 2019 at 02:49 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 03:02 PM    Msg. 44 of 55       
So they confirm there won't be modding support at release, confirm that it's not a focus, and state their priority lies in Security / Anti-Cheating.

So there won't be a modkit at launch, there's no confirmation on if one will ever be made, and they care more about preventing modding then supporting it. But hey, at least their good "friends" at ElDewrito (that they forced to shutdown) are going to somehow provide them with information they don't already know about their game. Because the reverse engineering ElDewrito did on the Halo Online client is applicable to releasing an already made editing kit for 5 different versions of the game engine, even though ElDewrito has never touched those editing kits. ElDewrito will be able to provide Microsoft with tons of information about their games and editing tools that they never knew about, ushering in a new era of Halo. Clearly that's not just a namedrop.

He can't even use the phrase Official Mod Support. He had to use quotes.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

This, however, interests me greatly.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 19, 2019 at 03:03 PM

Igotaname13_

Igotaname13 Steam

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 03:07 PM    Msg. 45 of 55       
So they...
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 19, 2019 at 03:03 PM

Considering he's a Community Manager and it's quite literally his job to hype up the game, keep the customers on a leash, and give people hope. I absolutely have my doubts too. But, maybe. Maybe.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 03:43 PM    Msg. 46 of 55       
I really, really want to be wrong. I would much rather be wrong and everyone remind me of it than to be right. But I know what Microsoft does, and releasing Halo for PC with an unlocked editing kit is NOT what Microsoft does.

The way the story goes, the only reason we got Halo Custom Edition is because Gearbox Studios promised their fans an editing kit. But Microsoft wanted the game to fit on a single CD, and neither Bungie nor Microsoft would agree to support an editing kit release due to the hassle. So Gearbox studios ported another version of the 1.04 engine, upgraded the netcode and improved shader rendering times, and released it as a free add-on alongside the editing kit, outside of any support from Microsoft or Bungie. They also hosted this download on their own servers, which in 2004 is a bigger deal than it is today.

They didn't get additional compensation from Microsoft or Bungie for this version, outside of any increase to sales. We owe Gearbox a huge thank you. Hopefully we can say the same about Microsoft soon, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 19, 2019 at 04:08 PM

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 07:40 PM    Msg. 47 of 55       
I mean Kornman already had prototyped custom map support for the Halo 1 build.

The Barron

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 07:56 PM    Msg. 48 of 55       
"If god is love you, then you can call me cupid"

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 10:07 PM    Msg. 49 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
"If god is love you, then you can call me cupid"

https://i.imgur.com/bIzhC77.png

Oh yeah need some more of that

Twinreaper

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 11:20 AM    Msg. 50 of 55       
I have to formally side with DeadHamster on this one. They clearly state that Security/Stability is their primary focus and that development tools "are options they are looking at". Nothing about that statement indicates it will happen.

As said before, Microsoft ultimately does not want mod tools to end up in our hands. From a logistic and financial standpoint, what would Microsoft gain from allowing a full unlocked HEK to be released with MCC? It hurts their franchise and in the end, would render any future Halo PC useless, as you would quite literally give the "best" of the community, a way to introduce future content right inside of MCC. This would make the profit of future titles very slim. Indeed it would please the community, but it would also hurt it as well.

Halo and HEK are and can be, a double edged sword for the PC Community. Microsoft also has a proven track record or retconning anything that doesn't fit their agenda. Whether it's backpedaling on another developers promise or their own internal studio.

leyuen

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 03:55 AM    Msg. 51 of 55       

ghost901

Posted: Yesterday @ 04:24 PM    Msg. 52 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
I have to formally side with DeadHamster on this one. They clearly state that Security/Stability is their primary focus and that development tools "are options they are looking at". Nothing about that statement indicates it will happen.

As said before, Microsoft ultimately does not want mod tools to end up in our hands. From a logistic and financial standpoint, what would Microsoft gain from allowing a full unlocked HEK to be released with MCC? It hurts their franchise and in the end, would render any future Halo PC useless, as you would quite literally give the "best" of the community, a way to introduce future content right inside of MCC. This would make the profit of future titles very slim. Indeed it would please the community, but it would also hurt it as well.

Halo and HEK are and can be, a double edged sword for the PC Community. Microsoft also has a proven track record or retconning anything that doesn't fit their agenda. Whether it's backpedaling on another developers promise or their own internal studio.

That didn't stop the sales of past Halo games. What makes you think that it'll be any different this time?

The leadership from back then is hugely different from the one in charge right now.
Edited by ghost901 on Mar 24, 2019 at 04:26 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Yesterday @ 08:48 PM    Msg. 53 of 55       
By past Halo games you mean CE and Halo 2 Vista. The latter was a flop. If CE had been able to be expanded to the level of say... Halo Reach or Halo 4 in terms of content rendering and scripting we would never need another Halo PC game, as we would just eventually find ways to rip the content and plant it into CE like we have done these past years trying desperately to recreate Halo 3 to 4. And your really gonna tell me that you wouldn't rather have CE's server hosting over whatever it is we are going to get with MCC?

So if we are given modding tools for something like Halo 4 or Halo Reach, the engine itself would be more than capable of supporting and adding future content easily. From what I see in the Slipspace engine, the lighting is the only thing that really improved over Halo 4 and 5 besides the god awful clipping and rendering distances.
Edited by Twinreaper on Mar 24, 2019 at 08:50 PM

BioGoji1989

Posted: Today @ 01:13 AM    Msg. 54 of 55       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Well since the MCC version of Halo 2 is a modified version of the Vista port, I highly doubt there would be any major changes to the map structure or the tools. At best, we would get the full HEK without 99% of the function branches being nulled out before compilation.

As far as content creation goes in regards to Hamsters comment... don't see your logic or point? To actually state that there are no content creators in the CE or H2V community who could create good content for the other engine variations is just pressumption. I've been squeezing in quality content into H2V for the better part of 10 years...and the one thing that stops half my maps is the engines inability to handle larger poly count objects and extreme detail.

I would kill to have an HEK for Reach. In fact, Reach is really the only item in the MCC that I even want. Y'all can keep CE, 2, 3 and 4...give me Reach!

Oh, yeah. Imagine finally being able to remake Halo 1 with the Reach engine itself! Instead of having a new graphics engine laying over an older one, it's now just one new game engine! Imagine if CMT were to recreate SPV3 using the actual Reach Engine!

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Today @ 01:34 AM    Msg. 55 of 55       
Wonder if they’ll ever get around to putting all of Halo 5 on the PC as well.

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread   

Time: Mon March 25, 2019 5:05 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website