A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Weapon AI Swap Idea (Might not work idk)

Author Topic: Weapon AI Swap Idea (Might not work idk) (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

unggoy_major

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 10:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I've been looking at Jade McLain's progress with the Drones, and online ai sync stuff with Halo CE and I'm impressed with all that he's pulled off. Much ingenuity especially with the ai followers, and the flood infecting feigned dead bodies. I was wondering if for an ai weapon swap, the player could be made to exchange weapons with other AI through the bump possession cheat. Is it possible to keep the camera with the players biped through a continuous continuous script that could keep the camera on the player, with static script that does the cheat, makes the player in the other biped pick up a weapon, and then switch back? Is that what McLain did in his new video, or was it through another thing?

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 06:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain
I have discovered since then that feign death will force the player to drop his weapons and also allow him to pick them up again. The biggest halt to my progress right now is that AI cant pick up weapons and I'm trying to think of a way around this. Even if they could that would mean they waste your ammo and I still need to think more on this.

You can also detach the players weapons from himself
(objects_detach (player0) (unit_data_get_object (player0) weapon0))
I tried doing this and making the weapon attach to the player like the later Halo games and it failed horribly. It can however disarm the player. Maybe you can attach weapons to units some way and they can use it, probably not.

Edited by JadeMcLain on Mar 26, 2019 at 06:00 AM

This is interesting

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 16, 2020 12:41 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website