A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Having an issue compiling d40 levels

Author Topic: Having an issue compiling d40 levels (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Flood_Developer

Please follow closely, this door is the first of10

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 11:16 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Hit a wall a while back with d40 and i just can't get through this compiling error I'm getting, this happens to any level that uses the sky. I have tried replacing the bsps and editing them in sapien and kornman. I can open the scenario in sapien and have tried changing things like the sky for the scenario and background sounds for the bsp but still no luck. here is the log hope you guys can help. Note i have also tried changin the stringlist to the right size but a whole load of different errors came up.

Here is the error that comes up with the correct size of the string

Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:50 AM

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 11:53 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
You know it's funny, back in the day for Halo PC this BSP would always cause an exception and I never knew why.

I'll look into it.

Flood_Developer

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 12:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
You know it's funny, back in the day for Halo PC this BSP would always cause an exception and I never knew why.

I'll look into it.

thanks man, means a lot. wanted to make maw maps for so long
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 12:05 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 12:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer

I'll look into it.

thanks man, means a lot man. wanted to make maw maps for so long

It's not the BSP, your tags are busted. EAX errors seem to be when tool completely craps itself and can't figure out what the hell went wrong. The HUD error is most likely unrelated, don't go chasing that yet.

What I would do is save a new copy of your scenario and start removing things chunk by chunk until you find what was causing the issue. If you can't build a map with only the d40_terrain BSP, recursively extract it with Refinery and use overwrite to be sure you have a good tag. Don't overwrite all the tags, just the recursive d40_terrain BSP.

I'll be happy to continue helping, but the d40 terrain by itself isn't causing an issue

Flood_Developer

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 12:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       

I'll look into it.

thanks man, means a lot man. wanted to make maw maps for so long

https://i.imgur.com/zLAXVXb.png

It's not the BSP, your tags are busted. EAX errors seem to be when tool completely craps itself and can't figure out what the hell went wrong. The HUD error is most likely unrelated, don't go chasing that yet.

What I would do is save a new copy of your scenario and start removing things chunk by chunk until you find what was causing the issue. If you can't build a map with only the d40_terrain BSP, recursively extract it with Refinery and use overwrite to be sure you have a good tag. Don't overwrite all the tags, just the recursive d40_terrain BSP.

I'll be happy to continue helping, but the d40 terrain by itself isn't causing an issue

ok awesome dude, good to know its not the terrain. I'll start on stripping it although its pretty bare already, using a test scenario with nothing but the bsp assets and the sky. Going to start replacing the sound tags now

EDIT: Replaced the tags that the scenario was using including bsp, sky and other stuff and still no dice
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 06:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Re-extract the BSP and scenario. Fresh from a new .map file

The SKY doesn't matter because the BSP doesn't have any +sky faces and doesn't display a sky. Still reference one, but it won't display.

Flood_Developer

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 10:27 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       

The SKY doesn't matter because the BSP doesn't have any +sky faces and doesn't display a sky. Still reference one, but it won't display.

ok cool will do

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 11:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       

ok cool will do

And if that doesn't work, you did screw up something in the HUD. Replace whatever you may have edited.

If you don't already know, the game grabs a few tags and all it's dependencies. The two you're concerned about will be globals\globals.globals , and your scenario tag. Everything that the map tries to build itself with is inside one of those two tags or somewhere down the tagpath.

Flood_Developer

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 10:50 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       

ok cool will do

And if that doesn't work, you did screw up something in the HUD. Replace whatever you may have edited.

If you don't already know, the game grabs a few tags and all it's dependencies. The two you're concerned about will be globals\globals.globals , and your scenario tag. Everything that the map tries to build itself with is inside one of those two tags or somewhere down the tagpath.

If it was a globals issue would it affect compiling on all levels since I been able to compile maps since

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 01:38 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
If it was a globals issue would it affect compiling on all levels since I been able to compile maps since

Yeah it would. Still no luck with this? Can't imagine what would cause the issue. You're extracting from a stock map right? And you can compile other levels without issue?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 10:17 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Did you use hek+, or refinery?

Flood_Developer

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 10:32 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Did you use hek+, or refinery?

refinery

Yeah it would. Still no luck with this? Can't imagine what would cause the issue. You're extracting from a stock map right? And you can compile other levels without issue?

yeah man I'm doing that it's really weird
Edited by Flood_Developer on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 6:08 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website