A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »importing second dropship problem

Author Topic: importing second dropship problem (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

stan

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 04:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
hi i know how to import a dropship in to the game but when
i try to import a second one, i couldn't. Any help?

for the first dropship, i animated it in 3dsmax, export it using cad animation
exporter, then compiled the animation it, then script it. But i don't know
on how to do a second dropship.

Edited by stan on Apr 24, 2019 at 05:02 PM

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 06:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
What happens when you try the second that doesn't happen when you try the first? I assume you're trying to do the exact same thing, and it's not working?

If you're willing to jump through a few hoops, recorded animations are better and easier to make, but a bit awkward to setup for the first time. If you want me to explain Recorded animations, let me know. Otherwise I need full details as to what you're trying to do, and what happened instead.

stan

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 07:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
how do u set up recorded animnation?
Edited by stan on Apr 24, 2019 at 07:57 PM

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 09:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Download this;

Link

It's Halo Custom Edition 1.09, without any MAPS TAGS or DATA. Replace the MAPS folder from your current installation.

Then follow this video tutorial;

Youtube

I go over creating and importing Recorded Animations using the tool included in the download above. You'll notice in the video that my animation didn't work right. Why?

• I used the mouse. Use a controller for better results.
  • I used a tiny area and hit a ton of scenery. The smallest variation will be compounded. Butterfly Effect
  • I went up against areas where I got stuck.

If you avoid hitting obstacles, whether level geometry or scenery, you'll have a better time.

Why use recorded animations? That looks like I have less control than in 3ds max?

Correct. Here are some positives;

• Control movement in-game
  • No complex setup
  • Use recording_time to measure animation in ticks
  • Effects play; Vehicles make their movement sounds, tires kick up mud, footsteps connect with ground. These have to be scripted/animated in custom animations
  • Physics play; Vehicles maintain their weight and powered point properties. A warthog behaves like a warthog, a pelican behaves like a pelican.
  • Recordings can be played on any object.

To clarify that last part; A recorded animation is simply input movement played on a unit. It can be played on a vehicle or biped, and the unit will respond to that input according to their movement data. So while a banshee and a warthog will behave very differently, you can play the same recorded_animation on both of them and get "measurably-similar" results, which I am putting huge bold quotes around to emphasize.
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 26, 2019 at 09:27 PM

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 09:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
YouTube video tutorial link is "unavailable".

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 6:12 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website