A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds

Author Topic: Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 06:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 14       
THESE MAPS ARE FOR HALO PC, NOT THE CUSTOM EDITION ADD-ON. THESE CANNOT BE RUN IN CUSTOM EDITION.

Halo FTW was a complete visual overhaul of the original Halo PC game, including a remake of the campaign encounters.

FTW 2 was a half-finished project to remake all the MP levels.

Both were designed to allow a user with the mod to join servers that were not hosting the mod. They were graphical enhancements to shaders, textures and scenery objects that would not interfere with the games ability to properly connect to and play on a server. This meant some things like trees had to have no collision, etc.

The downloads are included below. FTW was a Team Pepness project of Pepsi and Nessa, whereas FTW2 included Team Pepness, myself and Tucker933.

The Boarding Action map is actually an old mod of my own and is unrelated to FTW or Team Pepness.

FTW 2 Playlist

Halo FTW2

Halo FTW

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 05:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Interesting, do you have any pictures of the campaign?

Lateksi

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 07:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
Pepness brings back some memories :D

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 08:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Interesting, do you have any pictures of the campaign?

Here's a gameplay video of Pillar of Autumn and about 2/3 Halo. I got bored and tired of dying. Last video is a quick preview of each of the Multiplayer Maps.

Pillar of Autumn

Halo

Multiplayer Maps

You'll notice there's only 1 difficulty, Epic. Pepsi was very, very good at Halo PC. Played competitively in clans when the game was at it's prime. If he was going to make a campaign mod, that campaign was markedly more difficult than the established Legendary.

All grunts are replaced with "Green" elites, which seem to be right below standard blues. Jackals have enough shields to take 4 melees, regularly fire their overcharged plasma pistols, and when they do fire the regular shots it's at 0 ROF (which is every game tick). Elites can take 3 shots from a sniper.

I couldn't tell if it was the game or my controller, but my Plasma Pistol would randomly discharge. That sounds like something Pepsi would do. I remember he found out the ghost had two seats, probably an oversight left in from changing code and tags. So he moved one of them back 4 feet so it hung off the back and put hunters in it, so that they shot their beams while piggy-backing the ghost. On the last section of D40, the warthog run, He and Conure found a way to disable the timer. Now you can leisurely explore and attack the covenant squads that you normally race past. That probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but at this time we were still using HMT 3.5. Conure did it by hex editing the script out of the .MAP file.

Nowadays Epic is some cliched tripe. Back in '08 everything Pepsi did was Epic.
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 28, 2019 at 08:04 PM

lolslayer

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 07:39 AM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Thanks for the gameplay!

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 04:56 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       

Does this mean anything to anybody? Anyone know who this is?

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 10:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
It looks like a high school yearbook photo.

ghost901

Posted: May 1, 2019 08:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
I've converted these too run in Custom Edition in the past.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 2, 2019 10:58 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
I watched some of those videos, and it looks so easy.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

I got bored and tired of dying.

Bored, yes. Tired of dying? I didn't see you have difficulty in the videos. Have you ever played PlanetSide 2? That would be quite the shock.

lolslayer

Posted: May 3, 2019 07:51 AM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Oh man, PlanetSide 2, such a great and awful game at the same time

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: May 19, 2019 04:33 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
DeadHamster, the FTW2 version of Boarding Action is some A50 multiplayer version you guys must've done. Is there any chance you have the actual Boarding Action? I know it was available on Open Carnage at one point, but it's not there anymore.

DeadHamster

Posted: May 19, 2019 05:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
The a50 mod is all my own, nothing FTW related. Pepsi would've done much better than that.

I've asked around and haven't found it. We're also missing my old Wizard map, which looked like Warlock and was absolutely gorgeous. I have several old HDD sitting around that almost certainly have it, but they all use IDE connectors. I've bought two different adapters, but neither one worked. Unless someone else has we'll have to wait until I feel like spending more money on something that may not function.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 12:26 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Chatted with Tucker933 rather recently on Discord. I believe he said someone or some parts of the team decided to release "rebooted" FTW 2 MP versions of Boarding Action, Wizard and maybe another map or two after you guys disbanded. Was interesting to discover that.

Tucker933

Tucker933.com

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 08:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Chatted with Tucker933 rather recently on Discord. I believe he said someone or some parts of the team decided to release "rebooted" FTW 2 MP versions of Boarding Action, Wizard and maybe another map or two after you guys disbanded. Was interesting to discover that.

That team only last for about a month, and I don't remember them accomplishing much. It included MarsMartianMan and Sunstriker7.

They actually asked me to make fx for it, and they weren't aware it was a rebooted project from just a month prior. None of the previous assets were used to my knowledge.
Edited by Tucker933 on Aug 27, 2019 at 08:51 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:12 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website