A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I can't compile sounds

Author Topic: I can't compile sounds (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sargent 0

sotark

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 06:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I been trying to fix this problem for a couple of days. Tool just keeps on throwin out this bs error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool.exe sounds "insert random sound path here" xbox 1
map file appears corrupt
Importing "insert random sound file here"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool.exe sounds "insert random sound path here" xbox 1
map file appears corrupt
fixed corrupt tag enum field (sample rate*).
the sound tag "insert random sound file" may be corrupt.

or

map file appears corrupt
Couldn't read file "insert random sound file here"
### failed to import: couldn't read file.

I ran tool as admin; I put the sound file under data; I reinstalled HEK; I always optimize the sound file to 44.1 kilohertz, 16 bit PCM, mono; I exported the sound file as a 16 bit PCM wav file through audacity; I made sure the game, guerilla or any other tag editing program was closed; I closed every program except tool to make sure it got enough ram; I installed the xbox adpcm codec and the updated ogg files. As you can see, I tried every possible solution I know of and nothing works!

So any help?

If somehow my problem isn't solved even with help from the forum, can anyone collaborate with me on my h2a weapon project? I have huge plans for custom sounds, and if I can't compile sounds by myself then that's a huge ass problem. If anyone considers collaborating with me on this project, I just need you to compile sounds I send you.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Apr 28, 2019 at 06:46 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Apr 28, 2019 at 06:53 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Apr 28, 2019 at 07:09 PM

EDIT

It turns out that my sound files were 48000 hz instead of 44100 hz. I tried changing the sample rate in audacity to 44.1 khz but for some weird reason audacity kept on changing it back to 48 khz. So what was causing my problem was my crappy free audio editing program. ReclaimerOmega helped me out with this problem
Edited by Sargent 0 on Apr 30, 2019 at 05:40 PM

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 01:47 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Here is a wiki page on sound compilation, although I don't think that will help much. https://hek.wikia.com/wiki/Sound

I suggest trying to move your modding directory out of program files, there may be insufficient permissions. Also make sure that the sound that you are trying to import is not in use by any program like audacity, or a virus scanner that is very possessive.

You should also try deleting the sound files in your tag directory to make sure that their brokenness isn't interfering with your hopefully non-broken wave files.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 2:20 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website