A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Homing Missiles

Author Topic: Homing Missiles (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

EcoSurge

Moved to JadeRenegade

Posted: May 1, 2019 10:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
We can have a weapon shoot two different projectiles at once by having one projectiles creation effect spawn another. We load these projectiles into a global object definition and can manipulate them from there.

(script continuous lockon
(if (and (= (unit_has_weapon_readied (player0) "weapons\rocket launcher\rocket launcher") true)
(= (objects_can_see_object (player0) (unit (list_get (ai_actors red_banshee) 0)) 8) true)
)
(begin
(sound_looping_start "weapons\rocket launcher\locked" none 1.00)
(sleep_until (= (objects_can_see_object (player0) (unit (list_get (ai_actors red_banshee) 0)) 8) false))
(sound_looping_set_scale "weapons\rocket launcher\locked" 0)
)
)
)

(script continuous lockon2
(if (and (= (unit_has_weapon_readied (player0) "weapons\rocket launcher\rocket launcher") true)
(!= (objects_can_see_object (player0) (unit (list_get (ai_actors red_banshee) 0)) 16) true)
(= (player_action_test_primary_trigger) true)
)
(begin

(objects_delete_by_definition rocket2)
(player_action_test_reset)
)
)
(= (objects_can_see_object (player0) (unit (list_get (ai_actors red_banshee) 0)) 16) true)
)
(begin
(objects_delete_by_definition rocket)
(player_action_test_reset)
)
)
)

Vid:
https://youtu.be/cjw_42Ys3RY

Test map (updated):
https://mega.nz/#!RDICxIAD!4NZOdvwvNnyXgqomsTR-GnGdMdkDKG5zi4YGyqa0cvE
Edited by EcoSurge on May 1, 2019 at 11:27 PM
Edited by EcoSurge on May 1, 2019 at 11:32 PM

TheHaloKnight

Who's j00! ?

Posted: May 2, 2019 10:51 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Wait, not sure if Iím missing something but wasnít this already possible with just tags? ie: the bigass rocket launcher?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 2, 2019 11:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
With this it will actually lock onto only vehicles. It's a pretty clever, although not complicated way of doing it and I am surprised others including myself never looked at doing it like this.

Nice job OP!

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 2, 2019 11:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Cool, but what happens if there are both vehicles and infantry in a combat zone? Are you forced to shoot at the vehicle, or does the homing rocket lock onto whichever target is closest, including infantry? Would this be solved by using the held trigger to load the secondary projectile for homing? If so, then this script approach could be used to apply what was done with bigass (I'm not sure exactly what that is).

...But doesn't Bigass already have its rocket launcher only lock onto vehicles?

I'm confused.
Edited by sparky on May 2, 2019 at 11:15 PM

EcoSurge

Moved to JadeRenegade

Posted: May 3, 2019 01:55 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
With this it will actually lock onto only vehicles. It's a pretty clever, although not complicated way of doing it and I am surprised others including myself never looked at doing it like this.

Nice job OP!

Thanks. Hope this and the flying vehicle stuff can help your project.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Cool, but what happens if there are both vehicles and infantry in a combat zone? Are you forced to shoot at the vehicle, or does the homing rocket lock onto whichever target is closest, including infantry? Would this be solved by using the held trigger to load the secondary projectile for homing? If so, then this script approach could be used to apply what was done with bigass (I'm not sure exactly what that is).

...But doesn't Bigass already have its rocket launcher only lock onto vehicles?

I'm confused.
Edited by sparky on May 2, 2019 at 11:15 PM

The script lets you lock on to whatever object you specify, so you could make it target only vehicles with enemy drivers in them like H2. You have a small angle of vision to see the object.

If you have a rocket launcher, and if you can see the object, and if you press the trigger, it deletes the normal rocket and leaves the homing one. If you cant see the object and press the trigger, it deletes the homing rocket.

The problem with this is that looking away from the target and shooting again while the homing missile still exists will delete the homing missile. I was thinking of fixing this by making it a charged shot that can only be charged when the conditions above are true. This would also force you to look at the object for a small period of time before you can lock on.

You are forced to look directly at the object which means that infantry will probably not get in the way.
Edited by EcoSurge on May 3, 2019 at 02:12 AM

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 10, 2019 06:20 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       

Satania

Posted: May 14, 2019 12:23 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 4:05 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website