A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Redstreak

Author Topic: Redstreak (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 3, 2019 12:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
For anybody that uses the H2EK, I've updated Bluestreak to export to the "JMS2" format that Halo 2 uses and renamed it Redstreak so there wouldn't be confusion. Because Hired Gun removed the code for render models, you won't be able to create Rigged Render_Model's using a JMS, but you can create un-rigged Render_Models, Rigged Collision Models and Level Geometry (without instance-geometry) using the .JMS format

You should setup the materials as though you were exporting to Halo 2, HOWEVER, you should setup the nodes as though you were exporting for Halo 1, calling any node

frame_NODENAME

There's an option in the tool to strip the frame_ prefix if you need to recompile the model to match an existing node list, for example a biped's collision model rig. Permutations are handled through separate JMS files for each permutation; name the permutation in the maxscript during export and place all the JMS files alongside one another. H2Tool will merge them during compilation.

Originally, you would have to make manual edits to a .JMS file to get it to work for H2tool.exe, now you can export directly from 3DS Max/Gmax and compile with tool.

IF YOU HAVE 3DS MAX VERSION 2012 OR EARLIER, THERE IS ONE ADDITIONAL STEP.
You must open the file in Notepad.exe, and save it in the UTF-16 format, like below:

Maxscript did not support file encoding until version 2013, so while you can still save the file it will be in the wrong format for h2tool.exe and will need a quick edit.

Thanks to General_101 for helping explain the new .JMS format for Halo 2, and the patience in listening to and answering all my beginner's questions on the setup for exporting a model in H2.

Any questions or problems with the script should be directed to me.

Download

Edited by DeadHamster on May 3, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 4, 2019 01:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
10/10 name

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 4, 2019 02:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Well I wanted to call it Bluestreak but The Ghost insisted I had to change the name. Some talk about it infringing on his trademark, brand recognition and all. I didn't much like it but I called it Red Ma...Redstreak instead.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat August 24, 2019 7:33 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website