A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Anybody have any halo 2 flood avaliable?

Author Topic: Anybody have any halo 2 flood avaliable? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

hype 4 binyot

Posted: May 7, 2019 06:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Im specifically looking for infection forms but combats and other will be greatly appreciated

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: May 7, 2019 09:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Gk88's tag dump comes along with pretty cool flood tags including the h2 infection form (slightly different shaders) with h2 animations: https://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/misc-tags/goldkillas-tag-dump/

The human combat form and carrier can be downloaded here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6987 7 it also includes the original shaders for the infection form

The h2 flood combat elite is much harder to find.

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 8, 2019 10:20 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
CMT has ones with covenant armor that look pretty good, use those instead.

If I looked really friggen hard I might be able to find this bad boy;

I mirrored off his tentacle arm and rigged him to the cyborg skeleton/animations, so he can use any weapon and is a playable character. Unfortunately, that means he use's cyborg animations so he doesn't act very flood-like

And these used random sine/cosine/whatever functions attached to the biped to make their insides glow. It was a color change, masked into specific sections of the biped via the multipurpose_map's alpha channel. For an example, look at the mp_cyborg, but instead of it just being a color-change you scale it by a sine/cosine/whatever function that you define near the bottom of the biped.

This was done very poorly, if you took time in the alpha channel of the multi you could draw outlines of organs or other gruesome details. For the humans I just kept it to the parts of skin that were already exposed to really emphasize the infection of the flood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hL9A930gk

Edited by DeadHamster on May 8, 2019 at 10:21 PM

BioGoji1989

Professional Idiot

Posted: May 9, 2019 02:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Neat. So, the brute flood is an OpenSauce tag, right? What about the assault rifle?

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 9, 2019 09:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Nahh all of that was stock Halo, before I got into OpenSauce. I have them lying around somewhere. I actually have that map too, it was a Zombies map. let me see if I can find it.

Download

Video Demo

Lots of stuff in there. Cool weapons, bipeds scenery and BSP.

The BSP was lit in Aether which is why it looks so gorgeous. The lighting is realistic and the shadows are crisp and well defined. Stock Halo's radiosity can't do dark levels appropriately, everything gets washed out.

The weapons are all hobbled from various Halo weapons. I particularly liked that Plasma Rifle, the little plasma display changes color with the heat. On the starter pistol, you have infinite ammo and it overheats, which is displayed by the green circle that turns to red.

There were rounds that got progressively harder, and a pause-menu armory that allowed you to buy weapons. There are also tons of scenery items that I ended up porting to Mombasa. This was the last mod I did before I started working on the first precursor iterations of the Mombasa project, which at it's first inception would be a 3-4 BSP linear campaign. A lot of the stuff in here ended up influencing that project.

Everything's broken, the shaders are oversaturated nonsense that I thought looked good years ago. But there's a lot of value in there, if you're willing to find it.

Edited by DeadHamster on May 9, 2019 at 10:42 PM

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: May 10, 2019 11:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
a pause-menu armory that allowed you to buy weapons

An MMORPG in the making.
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2019 at 11:11 AM

Reshirom200

hype 4 binyot

Posted: May 10, 2019 07:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Has anybody fooled around with a mark v combat form?

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: May 10, 2019 08:32 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Has anybody fooled around with a mark v combat form?

I was thinking about making one the other day. I would have rigged it to my modified combat human animation graph from zteam but i'm too busy with my current tag set. I might do it sometime when i'm bored. It would be nice if I had the anniversary mark V model though.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 10, 2019 at 08:37 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 2:38 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website