A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »"a10 antics"

Author Topic: "a10 antics" (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 11, 2019 11:38 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
As you know, I had a recent thread about my deleting about all the videos from my YouTube channel. I also have a thread for my "vidmaster challenge". You see, these two things are related; "I am not insane, most excellent Festus." To promote the vacant vidmaster challenge by showing one of my trial attempts and showing techniques you can use with easy mode, to provide a talking point for comments on the quality settings I'm planning to use with videos uploaded to my server, and to show some buggy aspects of the scripts in Halo's first campaign level, I present "a10 antics".

CRF 15: https://galaxyverge.com/videos/stream/a10_antics_crf15.mp4
CRF 0 ("lossless"): https://galaxyverge.com/videos/stream/a10_antics_crf0.mp4

• The links are temporary while I determine details.

• I altered my copy of HaloMD with a hex editor to re-enable the complete campaign and copied over the Halo PC campaign map files.

• Lossless video recording using ScreenFlow into Apple ProRes 4444. When encoding to h.264 CRF 0, HandBrake activity log shows this warning:
    apply_h264_profile [warning]: lossless requires high444 profile, disabling

• Video is quarter-size from 1920x1080.

I think CRF 15 is acceptable quality for videos that can be displayed upscaled back to 1920x1080. Around timestamp 13:00 is where I evaluated the CRF level's distortion of a substantial narrow pixel area in the center of the video. Let me know what you think.

Edited by sparky on May 11, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 1:30 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website