A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Happy Birthday (to me)

Author Topic: Happy Birthday (to me) (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: May 17, 2019 05:58 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Within a few days, I will be turning 33, and as a present for you all, I present this explanation of functions in tags: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51190.

Other goodies to follow. (bump pl0x)

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 17, 2019 09:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Well, when it comes; Happy Birthday.

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: May 18, 2019 02:12 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Happy birthday in advance sparky!

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: May 18, 2019 02:35 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Within a few days, I will be turning 33, and as a present for you all, I present this explanation of functions in tags: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51190.

Other goodies to follow. (bump pl0x)
happy birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDea7laHD4E

Bugnotnotthegreat

I have the N word on my head!

Posted: May 18, 2019 05:27 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Happy birthday mate

sparky

Posted: May 18, 2019 08:57 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Thank you.

And now, as I said I would give, and a more meaningful contribution to the general welfare of the community,

Goodie #2: An answer to "why bother?"

Some of you may be wondering why bother doing anything. In this case, I'm turning 33, so why am I still "playing video games"? Why do anything -- especially if there is no value in doing it apparent to me?

I wrote on my current discord server:

Quote: The Earth will wear out like a garment, and its inhabitants die like flies. But my Salvation will endure for all generations. My Righteousness will never end.

Quote: Heaven and Earth will all pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Quote: The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit, and they are life. But there are some among you who do not believe. This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless my Father draws them.

Quote: Man lives not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Quote: Therefore, do not worry, saying, "What should we eat?" or "What should we drink?" or "What should we wear?" The pagans strive after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But first seek The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and [everything else you need] will be given to you.

So why take care of anything or maintain anything? One does so because it is for those who are alive. This is why you wash clothes, wash dishes, and do all these other things. And it's already stated why you should not worry about all these things: (read the end of Matthew 6). So the decision of priority is according to the perceived value to the living. And part of growing up is learning what is important. In fact, the brain is designed to learn, and that is the purpose of learning: to know and understand and remember what is considered important. Hence, data storage and computers and literature for sharing and retaining information. So you have been concerned with such matters as you see broken URLs and lost web sites and uploaded content. But do not worry about such things, because of what is explained at the end of Matthew 6 (which I linked).

Quote: But concerning the dead rising, have you not read about the burning bush in the Book of Moses, how God told him, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob"? He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!

As for relief, suitability in, and the nature of, discussing such matters, furthermore (Matthew 11:25-30):

Quote: I praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and educated and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, because this was your good pleasure.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows The Son except The Father, and no one knows The Father except The Son and those to whom The Son chooses to reveal him.
Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon yourselves and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

On a lighter note, this meme is for Masters1337, who has historically enjoyed trolling my threads:

And this one is to poke fun at my YouTube channel deletion notice thread that Dennis pinned until it was no longer necessary, then deleted. In it, I ended up responding to (I think it was Masters1337), in part by listing the ingredients in Colgate toothpaste when he tried to bully me off the internet and called me a conspiracy nut.

I require no further birthday presents than what was this.

Fruit yummy. Cake nasty. K thx bai.

Have fun :-)

If we're making this a game, a next bump of this thread gives some source code I've been working on. I discuss some of such things in my Discord.

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 18, 2019 10:31 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Goddamit Sparky you were doing so good. It was like 4 whole posts without you losing it.

sparky

Posted: May 18, 2019 01:09 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Yes, far be it from me to acknowledge the existence of another.

It's a touchy subject to post source code here, and I know most of you might not find this very useful, but that's already all been discussed on this forum and the verdict was to share stuff anyway. So here goes.

(And of course this is a Work In Progress)

flam tag bitfields

snippet example:
union FLAM_empty_32bit_flags {
uint32_t integer;
struct {
bool:0;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_empty_16bit_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool:0;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_color_interpolation_32bit_flags {
uint32_t integer;
struct {
bool blend_in_hsv:1;
bool more_colors:1;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_color_interpolation_16bit_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool interpolate_color_in_hsv:1;
bool more_colors:1;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_particle_bitmap_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool unfiltered:1;
} bitfield;
};

Here's a snippet of the enums header (insert groan here?) file I'm working on:
enum FLAM_object_color_change_reference {
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_NONE = 0,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_A,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_B,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_C,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_D
};
enum FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls {
FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls_FRAME = 0,
FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls_SCALE
};
enum FLAM_animation_block_type {
FLAM_animation_block_type_BASE = 0,
FLAM_animation_block_type_OVERLAY,
FLAM_animation_block_type_REPLACEMENT
};
enum FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type {
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_NONE = 0,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY_DYAW,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY_DZ_DYAW
};

I know, it's basic. [It's not BASIC, it's C!] Maybe in a couple days, perhaps shortly after my birthday, I can go ahead and share the file triplet: bitmasks, enums, and tag definition structs.

I've been getting sidetracked (the horror!), though, so it's kind of slow.

Bonus: old halo_constants.h file

I forgot what the result of next bump is... anyway, back to work. Maybe I'll remember later.

[EDIT]
enums
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 06:19 AM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: May 22, 2019 06:44 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Hey im am a 33 years old virgin incel... im sparky.

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.-Deuteronomy 25:11-12

“‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies[a] on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.-Leviticus 26:27-30

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:44 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website