A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Compiling Sound Tags

Author Topic: Compiling Sound Tags (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: May 27, 2019 12:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
So I've been struggling to get some sounds compiled past few days. I've split them, converted them, compiled under a dozen different formats. Always had Tool crashing on me. I've gotten music compiled before, A 6 minute song maybe a year ago, so I know how to do it. But Tool just wasn't having it.

So I did some searching and found this;

Link

Some goofy program written 12 years ago. It has a fade-in/fade-out overthe top GUI with their names plastered on it. Figured it was some gimmick that probably didn't even work anymore, right?

Nah.

I selected a 3 minute long MP3 file. It split it up converted it and then compiled directly into a sound tag. A little tweaking afterwards to setup the next-sound permutations and it's set. I haven't played with it much, but if anybody is looking to compile sound tags and is having issues this might be the gem you're looking for. And if anyone knows of this program and any issues it has, please fill us in.

Edit:

PorkChop

PorkChop is a quick program that checks the flag mentioned above and automatically sets each permutation of the sound file to point at the one following it. PorkChop does a batch operation on EVERY sound tag in the directory listed, AS WELL as any sound tags in sub-directories. So you would use the program above to convert your MP3 or WAV or whatever into a .sound tag, and then put all those sound tags in a folder so PorkChop can fix them all at once.

Between the two programs in about 5 minutes you can take an entire album and convert it to working sound tags you can use in game. My only complaint is the sound quality being set to 22khz and the channel Mono; however this is good because for sound effects this is required.

huge thanks to Yumi for helping me out with memory/binary/file streams in C#

Edited by DeadHamster on May 27, 2019 at 07:08 PM
Edited by DeadHamster on May 27, 2019 at 07:25 PM

Kal_El

Posted: May 28, 2019 12:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Found this: not sure if it will help?

http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18320

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 18, 2019 9:00 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website